Woo Audio DAC
Mar 6, 2012 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Denys

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone had a chance to hear it? In fact, I am surprised nobody started a thread yet !!!!

It will soon be released (March 26, 2012).

I own a WA6SE and this could be very interesting....for around the same price as my headphone amp.....

To use with a pair of Senn HD800, this could be heaven.... no?

Any comments ?

http://www.wooaudio.com/products/wds1.html

Denys

Mar 6, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #2 of 7
I have your exact set up and I am also looking at the Woo DAC with great interest....

Also interested in their CD transport

I am curious if the DAC is homegrown by the Woos themselves or if they are having someone manufacture it for them?  I'm sure the CD transport is built elsewhere(Taiwan/Japan?)

Mar 7, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
I have your exact set up and I am also looking at the Woo DAC with great interest....

Also interested in their CD transport

I am curious if the DAC is homegrown by the Woos themselves or if they are having someone manufacture it for them?  I'm sure the CD transport is built elsewhere(Taiwan/Japan?)

Very good question. DAC business is completly different than Amp business. Although I recall asking Jack back in 2010 when I bought my WA6SE if he had the intention of building a DAC, and he told me yes without any specific details....

I'll try to get more details....considering the quality of Woo's products I can't believe this would be "just another DAC".... it must be special...

I wish he'd be at the sound show here in Montreal at the end of March
atsmile.gif

Denys 

Mar 7, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #4 of 7

I could be wrong, but here is what I know.  It has one DAC chip.  You should be able to run both single and balanced at the same time.  The volume controls the voltage so there is no loss in sound quality.  I have one ordered.  It ticked all the features I could want in a DAC.

Mar 7, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #5 of 7
Hi guys,

just got the confirmation from Jack that he will be in Montreal for the show and we'll be able to listen to the DAC
atsmile.gif

Perfect !!!!! Think I'll bring my HD800......

Denys

Mar 8, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #6 of 7
I'm looking forward to comparissons with the likes of the W4S DACs and Anedio offerings. I have a feeling I'll be looking for a small-ish DAC to put on my desk soon once I moved my LF into the living room and tack on another monitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back