Woo Audio DAC .... I got it !!!!
Mar 25, 2012 at 10:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Denys

100+ Head-Fier
I was at the Montreal show this weekend, and fortunately, Jack Wu was there and I had a chance to meet this gentleman....

Jack answered all my questions and I could listen to the same setup I have at home, i.e. a notebook, a pair of HD800, a WA6SE.....and the new DAC !!!!! Which I fell in love with...

So much that I decided to buy it at the end (or almost) of the Festival !!!!

Jack shook my hand told me I was his first customer for this DAC.... Hi! Hi! Hi! never happenned to me before !!!!

Anyway.....I am moving to my girlfriend's house on Tuesday..... I can't wait to listen to it !!!
It will replace my REF5......that I may have to sell even if it's not even a year old !!!

Denys

Mar 25, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #2 of 10
Looking forward to your impressions, as I have one coming soon as well. It'll be interesting to compare our sound impressions.

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #4 of 10
Impressions??? Btw, did you manage to use it with the new Woo transport? I would love to hear more about that combo.

Mar 27, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #5 of 10
OK guys,

I just moved today from my home to my girlfriend's home......therefore the DAC has not been plugged yet.......and Jack just sent me the drivers yesterday.....

I do not think I'll have the time to listen to it before the weekend.....

It's crazy the things you accumulate over the years !!!! And as I am moving with my girlfriend who already has a lot of stuff, it becomes a real challenge to decide what you keep !!!! especially at the age of 50, you do have a lot of stuff......

Anyway, I'll come back later on to let you know about the DAC.....and no, I did not buy the transport......I have a musical server...

Talk to you later

Denys 

Mar 27, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
OK guys,

I just moved today from my home to my girlfriend's home......therefore the DAC has not been plugged yet.......and Jack just sent me the drivers yesterday.....

I do not think I'll have the time to listen to it before the weekend.....

It's crazy the things you accumulate over the years !!!! And as I am moving with my girlfriend who already has a lot of stuff, it becomes a real challenge to decide what you keep !!!! especially at the age of 50, you do have a lot of stuff......

Anyway, I'll come back later on to let you know about the DAC.....and no, I did not buy the transport......I have a musical server...

Talk to you later

Denys 

What headphones and other DAC's will you be using and comparing the Woo Audio DAC to?

Mar 27, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
What headphones and other DAC's will you be using and comparing the Woo Audio DAC to?

Hi,

I will mostly be using Senn HD800. I also have a pair of BeyerDynamic DT770. As for the DACs, I have a REF5 from Audio-GD that I previously used with my WA6SE and my HD800 that will now be paired with my Antique Sound Lab (modded).

Finally, I have a NFB8, but I did not use it with my WA6SE, but only with my ASL. The NFB8 is also my main DAC for my stereo system.

Denys

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #8 of 10
I've got my eyes on the pair. I really want to hear some impressions on the DAC. If it holds up at the price range I'll be buying one asap along with the transport.

Austin...The faster the better. Gimmegimme.

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
I've got my eyes on the pair. I really want to hear some impressions on the DAC. If it holds up at the price range I'll be buying one asap along with the transport.
Austin...The faster the better. Gimmegimme.

I still have to review the WA6! Be patient, MorbidToaster. Your patience will be rewarded soon enough, my friend.

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #10 of 10

No. Forget the WA6. Schedules are dumb. You can still get the pre-order price for these from Woo and I need to knoooooow.
wink.gif

Quote:
I still have to review the WA6! Be patient, MorbidToaster. Your patience will be rewarded soon enough, my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back