Woo Audio 6 SE / WA2 which one is the best match for my HD650 (and probably HD800)
Jul 4, 2013 at 10:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

PrTv

100+ Head-Fier
Now my main gears are HD650 + SAA Equinox Cable with Darkvoice 322. I have a plan to upgrade my amplifier to something better and I'm now deciding between these two.

I want to see what you guy's opinions about them, especially relating to these points:

1. How much better the WA6 SE and WA2 are, comparing with DV322 (in terms of synergy with HD650).

2. I actually like the sound signature of this headphones + cable and want to take it further. Is it the right decision to upgrade the amplifier? [FYI by "take it further" I mean, better (wider) soundstage (headstage?), tighter bass and better treble extension].

3. What's the difference between WA6 SE and WA2? They seem to be priced the same. And which one matches better with my headphones.

4. In near future, I may get some more headphones (probably HD800 and/or Beyer T1). How well will these two amps fare against HD800 and T1?

Please feel free to suggest if you think there's better choice of upgrade based on my current setup.

FYI, I plan to spend no more than 2000$ on this but it's good if I can keep it under 1500$.

Jul 4, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #2 of 2
get WA2. especially if you plan on getting hd 800 and t1 later.

WA2 only works for headphones over 150 ohms, and is smoother more analog sounding. the WA6-SE has more power and works for all sorts of headphones, but is faster and more dynamic sounding. 

i prefer the WA2 on the headphones which it can drive. that is, sennheiser hd 800, beyer t1, hd 600/650, and the lower 250/600 ohm beyers.

for hd 650, i kinda prefer wa6-se, but wa2 is very good as well, so i guess it just depends on the headphones you want to get in future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back