Woo Audio 2 as pre amp
Oct 9, 2008 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SmoothSound

New Head-Fier
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

From what I have read in the threads about the WA2 is that the sound is warm with a large and deep soundstage with lots of air. Do these same characteristics hold true when used as a pre amp? Also, any suggestions on a good 2 ch tube amp match?

I currently own AKG K702, and Senn 650, how do they pair with WA2?

Thank You

Oct 9, 2008 at 12:19 PM Post #2 of 2
I did briefly try using my WA2 as a preamp with my speaker setup and it sounded nice - I'd definately agree about the nice soundstage when used as a pre, the sound was perhaps a touch warmer than my Rotel SS preamp and the level of detail was good. It was a while ago tho so I can't be much more specific than that and of course the resulting sound will depend a lot on the speakers and power anp you are using with it, so YMMV.

In terms of use with headphones, I have HD600s rather than HD650s and K701s rather than K702s, but both sound great with the WA2. Oh and I got all the Blackgate capacitor upgrades for the WA2, along with some Tung-Sol 5998s - Jack said that this would be a good idea given that I was planning to use the amp with K701s, so this may be something you want to ask about. Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back