Woo Amp Mirror Polished Case/Chassis
Dec 15, 2010 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Icenine2

Headphoneus Supremus
For those buying a new Woo Amp: Mirror Polished Cases might be available if you are interested.  Jack said he will consider the option in the future.  That doesn't mean he will do it but you might be first on the block.  I'm sure this would be an up-charge since it would be a bit of work.

How this came about:  While waiting delivery for my WA22 I happened to see some ridiculously priced amp that was mirror polished and thought how cool the WA22 would look that same way.  If I had been faster on my feet I maybe could have actually had this done.  The "Woo Amp Owners Unite" thread would have coughed up a Sophia Princess if I would have posted pictures of my new Mirror Polished WA22.  Finger prints would be an issue just like the black is a dust magnet.

Dec 15, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #2 of 6

Sounds interesting.  Fingerprints aren't a problem if you don't go feeling up your gear all the time... though I know hard it is to resist. 

Dec 15, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Sounds interesting.  Fingerprints aren't a problem if you don't go feeling up your gear all the time... though I know hard it is to resist. 

Truer words were never spoken...
redface.gif

Dec 15, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #4 of 6
You Woo Guys will have to grab some "Audiophile" white gloves........On a serious note, you should grab your tubes with a soft cotton glove when removing and replacing TUBES...they don't like oil......Good Luck with your Polished Woos

Dec 15, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 6
I prefer my standard un-anodized slivery Woo...it looks more like something functional, and less like some ostentatious piece of bling. 

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #6 of 6
I can polish your Woo amp to a show-quality mirror finish. I have an Eximus DP-1 DAC that's got a mirror finish. I'll post pics tomorrow. The best part: no finger prints! I $hit you not. I have a special finishing process that resists fingerprints. If anyone is interested, let me know. I'll post a video to YouTube to demonstrate the fingerprint-resistant finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back