Woo 300B
Mar 14, 2007 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

phaseshift

100+ Head-Fier
Jack at Wooaudio is building a WA6 for me right now. In one of my e-mails he replied showing off his new 300B amp. This thing looks very serious! I wonder what the price will be?

Mar 14, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #2 of 20
Wow. Nice.

Is that a dedicated XLR jack for the K1000 in the headphone amp?

Mar 14, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #4 of 20
Looks serious outside, but hopefully the parts used inside are serious as well, especially the output transformers, which makes or breaks SET's.

But I do like the separate PS with dual-mono tube rectifiers. Tasty... Ask Jack what the ballpark price will be and whether there are speaker jacks in the back, would you?

Mar 14, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #5 of 20
That looks pretty fresh. I've never been interested in Woo amps before but I'll be keeping my eye on this.

I'm curious as to how it would handle some Gradoez.
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

Mar 14, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks serious outside, but hopefully the parts used inside are serious as well, especially the output transformers, which makes or breaks SET's.

But I do like the separate PS with dual-mono tube rectifiers. Tasty... Ask Jack what the ballpark price will be and whether there are speaker jacks in the back, would you?

Sure thing. He's real good at answering. That really is a fresh looking beast.

Mar 14, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #8 of 20
Yeah, keep us posted phaseshift, I'm interested as well.

Mar 14, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #9 of 20
In all honestly, I'm having a hard time giving up my WA3 (that is after my SP Extreme arrives). I really want to keep both, but I could use the cash if I sold the WA3. Maybe because the WA3 bonded with me in a way no other amp has, and that is to make my HD650s shine
biggrin.gif

The WA3 just seems so "perfect." It really is a beautiful sight.

Mar 14, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #11 of 20
Please God, tell me it has a preamp output. I'm hoping to upgrade my Woo3 sometime, and neither the Woo3+ or Woo6 has the output.

I used the Woo3 as a preamp when my Pass X1 was away, and now the X1 might be in the 'out' box. It was that good.

Mar 14, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #12 of 20
Jack can most probalby put a preamp out in the Woo6, if you ask. He's done custom work on mine as well.

Mar 15, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by George Chronis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, keep us posted phaseshift, I'm interested as well.

For anyone interested in the features of the Woo300 B, here is my latest e-mail from Jack.

"Tony,

Your amp is sitting on a rack in great shape, running and burning-in. It will certainly go out tomorrow and follow by a shipping information email.

The 300B does not come with pre amp out but versatile enough to have speaker outs, K1000 out, high/low dynamic headphone out. I haven't come to the final offer price yet - it will be under $3,000. Hopefully, I will soon get this web page done and put it on our site.

All the best,

Jack"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back