Wondering about the Trekstor Vibez
Jan 4, 2010 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Fallingwater

100+ Head-Fier
I'm deeply in love with my Rio Karma (modded with a compactflash card and additional switch by yours truly), but there's no denying the thing is huge, by today's standards.
Looking for potential replacements of smaller size, and having already ruled out the Carbon (reduced interface, no support for cards bigger than 8GB), the only real contender is the Trekstor Vibez, which (if I remember correctly) has basically the same interface as the Karma but with a much smaller size. Only problem is, I can't find the darn thing anywhere. Ebay.it, on which I can even find a few old Karmas (one is being sold completely refurbished - it's nice to see there's still some love for the old thing
biggrin.gif
) comes up completely empty, and the same goes for all online-store search engines I've tried. Why is it so hard to find? Have so few been made before it was discontinued?

Any ideas where I can find one? (The store/seller must ship to Italy)

Also, has anyone managed to compactflash a Vibez? Last time I checked (a fairly long time ago) nobody had managed it yet as it uses a ZIF hard drive, but I've seen CF-ZIF adapters online, so I wonder...

Jan 4, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #3 of 4
I forgot the third question I meant to ask - I've no idea what value one might have now. I can't find any used ones on sale, so I don't know where to look.

How much would you want for it?
Suggestions from other members?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back