Wondering about a 3 input home amp for CD, LP, Other
Jul 13, 2004 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

zombietycho

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for an amp for the next few months that has enough inputs for about 3 or 4 devices. (MD deck, CD, Phono, DVDA/SACD)

I am wondering if any entry level amps employ these features. I assume a preamp will be needed for the phono, and I'm sure that it won't be all that cheap. Also, I would need it to have a northamerican power supply.

Any reccomendations would be very much appreciated.

Jul 14, 2004 at 7:02 PM Post #4 of 7
You must take a look at the Ear++ from Mapletree Audio Design, not because you're canadian, but it's a damn fine tube headphone amp/preamp with 3 inputs.

I got one myself, built from the excellent kit, and I'm very pleased.
It drives 30-300 ohm phones with no problems. It was voiced using a HD600, but apparently got a very nice synergy with the low impedance Grados. I use it with some Beyers and a W1000 (40 Ohm). Works as a charm.

www.mapletreeaudio.com

Jul 14, 2004 at 7:03 PM Post #5 of 7
Well I own a vintage Marantz 2230 and I can plug in two line level sources which in my case are a computer and cassette deck as well as a turntable. Marantz are said to have great phono stages. Of course this would leave you still in need of another input. I'm not positive but I think perhaps the upper level vintage Marantz amps do have more inputs. The plus side is that the phono stage is already included in the amp.

Jul 14, 2004 at 8:09 PM Post #6 of 7
Eddie Current HD300 and HD25 come with 3 input selections, a tape out, and a pre-out.

Jul 14, 2004 at 8:24 PM Post #7 of 7
For the low low budget there is Pro-Ject Head Box which has the three inputs but otherwise is, or so I've been told, pure crap
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back