wonder how much money skullcandy wastes advertising on this site.
Mar 30, 2010 at 9:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

fjrabon

Headphoneus Supremus
Do you think if they knew how much their headphones were trashed here, they would pull their ads?

Mar 30, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #2 of 19
Come on, this Skull Candy stuff is old. Let Skull Candy dot what it does, we know better I guess. Are you an accountant by the way?

Mar 30, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #3 of 19
The cable ads are far worse. :p

Mar 30, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #7 of 19
Guys. SkullCandy pays Head-Fi.org money to put those ads up. Maybe more than your "conventional" audiophile headphone manufacturer would pay. And we all want Head-Fi.org to have as much money as possible so the forums can stay up.

I don't see why anyone is complaining. If you don't like SkullCandy, fine. Just don't whine about it.

Mar 31, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #8 of 19
I'm not complaining, just wondering. I couldn't care less if SC advertises here or not. I'm also pretty sure they're auto placed (though, IIRC an advertiser can specifically request to have ads pulled from certain sites).

I just think it's kind of funny that a headphone manufacturer that gets slammed on here is like half the ads on the site. And I wonder if they would remove them if they knew how much they get badmouthed on here.

Mar 31, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #9 of 19
It's probably so they can claim that they are associated with a large, well recognized audiophile community. It's not like their advertisements here cost them anything anyways.

Mar 31, 2010 at 5:37 AM Post #11 of 19
Hopefully more! All the better to support this site with.

Mar 31, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #13 of 19
Might be!
But then again Skullcandy (the company) seem to run quite strong, and "wasting" a few bucks here and there on advertising probably do not hurt much. The ads here are provided by Google, so not sure Skullcandy have much control over it anyways.

Mar 31, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #14 of 19
I can honestly say I've never noticed a SC advertisement on here before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back