Woman survives internal decapitation...!
May 16, 2007 at 8:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Mrvile

Headphoneus Supremus
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/heal...33/detail.html

Make sure you watch the video too. Talk about a miracle!
blink.gif

May 16, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #3 of 15
i saw that on fark. reminded me of the line from "bullets over broadway":
"i don't think her spinal cord touches her brain."

May 17, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do i really want to watch this? =S=S

Nothing gross about it.

May 17, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #8 of 15
Simply amazing. Like the doctor said, the will to live is what kept her alive.

May 17, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #10 of 15
I'm still awed by the fact that you can drill massive rods into people's bodies to "reduce" or "stabilise" a serious dislocation, fracture or other major life-threatening damage due to acute trauma. Apparently (from a lecture), they also screw in massive rods and literally scaffold your pelvic girdle if one has a serious pelvic fracture.

May 17, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still awed by the fact that you can drill massive rods into people's bodies to "reduce" or "stabilise" a serious dislocation, fracture or other major life-threatening damage due to acute trauma. Apparently (from a lecture), they also screw in massive rods and literally scaffold your pelvic girdle if one has a serious pelvic fracture.

Well I was watching some medial reality show type thing here where they have a few patients on each show.

One of them, some chunks of his spine were broken, the "surgeon" (more like mechanic) was digging out this hunks of bone with pliers.

Then later when they had this rod and pin setup to help hold his spine in position he was seriously using spanners to tighten it.

That guy was lucky and he was walking.

Then later in the show they were drilling into someone's head and I know it's probably the best thing for the job but they were using pretty much a regular cordless hand drill, with some crazy head bracket thing of course to make sure they were drilling in the right spot and angle etc.

But really, the tools they use and how rough they actually were was a bit of a shock, as I was getting at with the mechanic bit I was really surprised what it was actually like.

So does she have fully control and feeling over here body, excluding the swallowing and eyes thing it said about ?

May 17, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by splaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So does she have fully control and feeling over here body, excluding the swallowing and eyes thing it said about ?

Well in the video she seemed to walk alright and she was motioning with her arms and hands as she spoke...she has very good control over her body relative to the extent of the accident. She is very lucky to be able to do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back