Wolfson DAC equalizer control for android
Oct 13, 2014 at 2:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Bjrmd

Head-Fier
Since it looks like the audio quality of the latest android devices is a bit disappointing (considering what we had 2-4 yrs ago with wolfson DAC and chip level control), I made a bit of a project to see if the "Retune" on chip parametric equalizer can be custom altered.  The current mods(boeffla/wolfson/voodoo) can change the gain only of the bands but not the center freq, bandwidth, high and low pass filters.  So if you want a notch at 7kHz or a high pass boost at 13kHz you are out of luck.  Of course this can be done with neutron player but it will take some cpu resources and battery and can't be used with google music or spotify etc.  I am keeping my Note 2 for a bit longer and wanted to see if the equalizer could be hacked better(kind of a hobby).  Anyway I did it and wanted to share how.  The Note 2, GS3 are a bit out of date but still excellent audio machines.  If interested:
http://tinyurl.com/lkn434f

Oct 13, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #2 of 2
Which latest android devices do you refer of?
I have both SGS3 and SGS5, and the headphone output audio quality on the SGS3 is great, but on SGS5 is even better.
What I like more on SGS3 than SGS5 are the headphones. The ones with round cable sounds better than the ones with flat cable.

Enviado desde mi SM-G900H

Users who are viewing this thread

Back