WMA Lossless to Apple Lossless?
Mar 13, 2012 at 3:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

EveTan

Headphoneus Supremus
Why do I hear such a drastic difference between the two formats? WMA lossless is much clearer and defined. It's much more satisfying than Apple lossless.  Please excuse my lack of good vocabulary to describe the sound.

Sep 5, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #4 of 7
Lossless = Lossless

WMA "might" sound better if you run it on a slow computer as it doesn't need to decompress data, whereas things like FLAC and ALAC needs to. When i say slow, i mean very slow. Like single core or early generation dual cores.

In terms of playing WMA vs FLAC, there's only 1-2% more load (for FLAC) on the CPU Processor.

I recommend using DBPowerAmp software.

Sep 5, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #5 of 7
I use a software called iDealshare VideoGo which can easily convert WMA to Mac more compatible format  like convert lossless WMA to Apple  Lossless ALAC M4A or convert WMA to AAC, MP3, AIFF or It also helps to convert WMA to other audio format  like convert WMA to FLAC, OGG, WAV, AU, RA, MP2, DTS, AC3 and etc on Mac  OS X (Mavericks included).
Advertising (one post posters that name crappy tools in posts make me wonder...) or ignorance? This is quite a thread necro.

Sep 6, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #7 of 7
WMA Lossless is compressed, just like FLAC and ALAC.

Thought i was talking about WAV this entire time.

Thanks for catching the mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back