wma files on SD card not playable
Oct 29, 2014 at 11:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

TripBitShooter

500+ Head-Fier
Could somwone help me on this? I have a bunch of WMA and mp3 files on my SD card for my phone and no matter what player I use, (google play, n7, neutron, rocket player etc. ) it says that the wma files cannot be played.

FYI all the WMA and mp3 files were uploaded from my computer.

Oct 29, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #2 of 13
I've not tried wma, but it might be worth copying one to the internal memory and trying to play it, to rule out any problem the SD card might introduce. Also the quality setting might affect things, I think my Fiio X3 refuses to play tip-top quality flacs but will play standard quality flacs.

Oct 29, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #3 of 13
I tried moving to internal already. Does not work.

Oct 30, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #4 of 13
Actually any audio files such as WAV and FLAC can be transferred directly to SD card without having to sync through players such as Windows Media Player on the computer right?

Oct 30, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #5 of 13
That's how I do it - I like to work with the files and folders themselves rather than some representation in a piece of player software.

But it may depend on the phone - I have a cheap Huawei handset.

Oct 30, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #6 of 13
@ the OP

Which phone?

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #7 of 13
That's how I do it - I like to work with the files and folders themselves rather than some representation in a piece of player software.

But it may depend on the phone - I have a cheap Huawei handset.

I have a Lenovo. I tried the WMA files on my father's old huawei G510 as well, no go. I did not get to try on his new xiaomi though.

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #8 of 13
@SteveHiFi does bluetooth work when transferring files over? And so you can just transfer audio files directly to SD card via SD card reader right?

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #9 of 13
I've managed to copy files over using wifi, not bluetooth (I don't have a dongle on my PC) and certainly the card reader will work (to transfer the files anyway).

Oct 30, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #10 of 13
What are u using to copy files over using wifi?

Oct 30, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #11 of 13
I've managed to copy files over using wifi, not bluetooth (I don't have a dongle on my PC) and certainly the card reader will work (to transfer the files anyway).

Oh, i always thought u had to sync music through USB cables. Never thought transferring directly to SD card would work.
This is actually one of the first times i am using my phone to store music, normally i use my DAP.

Oct 31, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #12 of 13
I have an android app called 'ES file explorer' which can 'see' my network and I can watch videos saved on my PC whilst in the bath - very nice. It didn't need the handset to be rooted either. I'm not sure if the phone comes up as a device on my PC though - I'll have another look later.

You'll need to add an IP number in your phone, unless it gets one automatically but that's down to your router settings.

Oct 31, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #13 of 13
Nevermind i just converted it to flac files, though the player app i got should be able to play wma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back