Without music.....
May 22, 2007 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

MetalManCPA

500+ Head-Fier
I'd feel empty
I'd feel unbalanced
I'd feel unsatisfied

If people take the above as me not whole-heartedly loving my wife (married 25 years), or my two kids, or my family, or other things, that's the wrong way to take it. I was introduced to music at a very young age. I took piano lessons from the age of 5 through a 20 year older at the Berkley College of Music evening program. I have been listening to music for as long as I can remember. I suppose if I never had music in my life I'd probably think differently, but that's not the case. Other than family, music is by far the most important thing in my life.

One more "without music"...... I'd be economically richer
eggosmile.gif

May 22, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #3 of 12
^ ha ha

I'd need a heavy sedative to cope
plainface.gif

May 23, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #5 of 12
cain't imagine a world without music which makes me sad when i hear
about deaf people never knowing what good music sounds like or sound period.

May 23, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #8 of 12
I wouldn't have anchors for so many of the memorable periods of my life.

As I've grown older my taste in music has gone through some changes along the way, and I associate many events in my life with specific music that I was into at the time.

Having only recently discovered the joy of headphones (used them a lot in the past, just never really got into them as I have now) has helped me to rediscover so much of my music that I simply haven't listened to in years. And, it's brought back some incredible memories.

May 23, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #9 of 12
'...I have not left this cave for days now, it has become my last refuge in my total despair. I have only the music of the waterfall to comfort me now. I can no longer live under the control of the Federation, but there is no other place to go. My last hope is that with my death I may pass into the world of my dream, and know peace at last.'

Props to anyone who knows from where this quote comes, and why it is relevant to this topic.

May 23, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #10 of 12
My musical development has been a symbolic analogy to the empirical world, so to speak. Had I grown without it - or even had I strayed from the musical path that has placed me where I currently am - I likely would have ended up with a very different mindset towards a great many things (in a bad way).

Aside from that, I think I'd just be really bored without music. It's not that I don't have hobbies outside of music, it's just that all those "other" hobbies are made all the more tolerable by the presence of music. In fact, I like to have music playing as much as possible... except, perhaps, when I'm sleeping.

...and yeah, I'd have more money.

May 24, 2007 at 9:01 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dj.Evi* /img/forum/go_quote.gif
'...I have not left this cave for days now, it has become my last refuge in my total despair. I have only the music of the waterfall to comfort me now. I can no longer live under the control of the Federation, but there is no other place to go. My last hope is that with my death I may pass into the world of my dream, and know peace at last.'

Props to anyone who knows from where this quote comes, and why it is relevant to this topic.

"Behind my beloved waterfall, in the little room that was hidden beneath the cave, I found it. I brushed away the dust of the years, and picked it up, holding it reverently in my hands. I had no idea what it might be, but it was beautiful...

I learned to lay my fingers across the wires, and to turn the keys to make them sound differently. As I struck the wires with my other hand, I produced my first harmonious sounds, and soon my own music! How different it could be from the music of the Temples! I can't wait to tell the priests about it!..."

Rush - 2112, The quote provided should explain the connection to the topic at hand well enough.

And to answer the original question, an empty shell of a man...

May 24, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #12 of 12
...I would be no Head-Fi.org.
...I would not need my headphone rigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back