Without Fiio LOD Cable Makes a Huge Difference?
Jan 24, 2012 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

intercrew

New Head-Fier
I had some issues with buying the fiio e6 and the brainwavz m4 earlier today and forgot to buy the Fiio L9 cable for a discount. I was wondering if I just use the 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack through the iPod nano and the fiio e6 and finally out to the M4 would degrade the sound?

Ive read that the LOD only increases the actual volume so problem can be solved by increasing the sound from the iPod if using direct 3.5mm jack to jack rather than LOD. Or is there an actual difference in sound quality when using an LOD?

Thanks guys :)

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #2 of 7
The LOD cable is designed to bypass any internal amplifiers and other devices that are designed to work with the iPod's normal 3.5mm headphone jack. So yes, there could be a sound difference.

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #3 of 7
^

I have a ipod 5,5 >fiio L3>zo3.
The LO is very clean, not as recessed in sound stage compare to the 3.5mm HP out.
Draws more power from the LO, then again I do have the option for high/low gain in the zo3.
Great value! the fiio L3 and L9 both utilize the PCOCC-A (copper) & HPC-22 shielded wire cable which means they are awesome for the price!  I had the L3 over 8 months now and it is one durable cable for a portable setup.

Jan 25, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
Would anyone kindly sell or knows someone who is, give it away for $4? Probably one of the most weird request but if anyone does, pm please.

Put up a WTB thread on the for sale forum under cables. 

Jan 25, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #6 of 7
LOD's, new ones at least, usually go for $10+ (the cheap ones, they can reach hundreds of dollars). I just bought an L3 of eBay and it was around $11, so it's not too expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back