withdrawn
Oct 13, 2007 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

onvn

100+ Head-Fier
Sorry for the inappropriate post then.. I didn't think this was a problem but obviously it is..
tongue.gif

Oct 13, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #2 of 6
Just my 2 cents, but in DIY the general principle is 'open source' or public domain ideas. Going to private mail kills the group input/participation aspect that is considered as crucial to any "DIY community" project.

Oct 13, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarchi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just my 2 cents, but in DIY the general principle is 'open source' or public domain ideas. Going to private mail kills the group input/participation aspect that is considered as crucial to any "DIY community" project.

I understand what you're saying.. but by setting up this thread, I intend to 'find' a suitable person willing to work with me in this project. Inputs and constructive criticisms are still welcomed by me - just post in here, but please minimise discussions. If moderators deem this inappropriate I don't mind if you move this thread to another location.
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #4 of 6
If you're doing this behind-closed-doors designing with the intent to market and sell the enclosures after the design is finalized, then it definitely does not belong here.

Oct 13, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #6 of 6
I see that you want to sell completed amps with lovely enclosures.

So many of these amps are electronic design give-a ways that it would be important to discuss this matter with designers whose circuitry you want to use in my opinion.

An alternative is to obtain measurements of completed amps, choose hardware options (jacks, knobs, lights...), and then make your enclosures for sale to DIY people.

Best of luck to you!

F

Users who are viewing this thread

Back