With upgraded versions of the PS3, which PS3 to go for 40GB or 80GB.
Nov 7, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #16 of 17
I received my 40GB PS3 yesterday, so far I don't have any games on it and I've been missing around with the internet browser on it.

On a standard 480p TV, the internet looks like crap. It's difficult to navigate with the controller. There is an option to buy a keyboard to use instead, but I don't have one.

The browser is not as friendly as Microsoft internet explorer. If you click on any jpeg links or any movie file, it doesn't open it right away. You have to close your browser and look in the stored video data section and click on it to play and view it.

Also, I hooked up my external hard drive to the USB port. I thought I can play my MP3 songs through the PS3, but it doesn't recognize my external hard drive. I have to either play it in the CD player slot or copy from CD to the hard drive.

These are some minor gripes, I really only bought the system for video games anyways.

Nov 7, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by arnesto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received my 40GB PS3 yesterday, so far I don't have any games on it and I've been missing around with the internet browser on it.

On a standard 480p TV, the internet looks like crap. It's difficult to navigate with the controller. There is an option to buy a keyboard to use instead, but I don't have one.

The browser is not as friendly as Microsoft internet explorer. If you click on any jpeg links or any movie file, it doesn't open it right away. You have to close your browser and look in the stored video data section and click on it to play and view it.

Also, I hooked up my external hard drive to the USB port. I thought I can play my MP3 songs through the PS3, but it doesn't recognize my external hard drive. I have to either play it in the CD player slot or copy from CD to the hard drive.

These are some minor gripes, I really only bought the system for video games anyways.

I have no problem with the way the internet looks on my 1080P TV, but it is definitely not as user friendly as a computer.

I have never used a USB hard drive with it, but you have to have it formatted properly because I do not believe that it is compatible with NTSF. The good part is that it is compatible with many network programs like Tversity/Nero Home and it makes it easy to access all of your media over the network. Programs like Tversity will actually perform transcoding on the fly for a lot of files that would normally be incompatible with the PS3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back