With my setup, will the Markertek mini really help?
Nov 18, 2002 at 9:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jodiuh

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello,

I'm currently running a Sony pcdp D-EJ616CK-->Cheapo mini-->Altoid Cha-47-->Senn 580/stock cable. Just how much of a difference can I expect with the Markertek mini?

Jod
wink.gif

Nov 19, 2002 at 12:42 AM Post #3 of 6
Unfortunetly, that sony pcdp will be my only source for now. I'm trying to hold out and see if some of the new mp3/pcdp's will have decent line out's. However, I'm always in the pawn shops looking for that nice old Sony
biggrin.gif

Jod
wink.gif

Nov 19, 2002 at 12:57 AM Post #4 of 6
Hi Jodiuh,

I just made an asumption that the your sony didn't have a line out. A line out would definately improve the sound. Along with a good cable. You may want to hold off on the cable until you do get a better source.

Nov 19, 2002 at 2:24 AM Post #5 of 6
Yeah, the headphone out cannot compare to it's line out. I already ordered the cable. It will be here on Wednesday. I'm going to visit my Bro in Arizona and he's got the Sony J01 mp3 player pdcp. I'm going to compare that to an iriver and decide further. I'm just trying to get a heads up
biggrin.gif
Thanks for your comments!

Jod
wink.gif

Nov 21, 2002 at 2:19 AM Post #6 of 6
Just got my Markertek mini and already I can tell that the sound is more open and pronounced. I take it the cable will need a bit of burn in too? I also decided to make a "burn-in" cd. There's about 18 tracks. The first 6 are some low bass test/songs, then some Celine Dion, Goo Goo Dolls, etc., and finally some classical. I really like the way the cd came out.

I'll let you know how it turns out for me
biggrin.gif

Jod
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back