hey guys whats up?
i want to get an ipod but i hear different things
some say that ipod classics have the best audio quality
an others say touch 4th.
if u care only about audio quality
witch one is the best?
if it helps i want to use in with a fiio e11 amp and my M50s or akg k370
thanks

I've had a Classic and a 4th gen Touch, and out of the headphone-out, they sounded the same to me. I never had an LOD cable when I had the Touch, so I can't compare line-out of the two players. I can say that the line-out of the Classic paired with the E11 is a very nice combination...one that I have in front of me right now. 

Nov 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #3 of 55
Quote:
I've had a Classic and a 4th gen Touch, and out of the headphone-out, they sounded the same to me. I never had an LOD cable when I had the Touch, so I can't compare line-out of the two players. I can say that the line-out of the Classic paired with the E11 is a very nice combination...one that I have in front of me right now. 

thanks for youre answer
and if u dont mind can u tell me what headphones u use with this rig?
i think that ipod classic is part of a lot of hi-end portable rigs
but the eq apps on touch also seem a lot nice
have u used any of them and see any progress?
correct me if i am wrong but ipod classic can be rock boxed right?

Nov 8, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #4 of 55
Quote:

Yep. Rockbox the classic and the EQ setting are almost endless... Completely customizable.

Nov 8, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #5 of 55
Quote:
thanks for youre answer
and if u dont mind can u tell me what headphones u use with this rig?
have u used any of them and see any progress?

Audio Technica ATH-FC700 and ATH-WS55, and JVC HA-S500, mostly...although I have used my portable set with it too, which is Sennheiser PX90.

Nov 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #9 of 55
I've read elsewhere of differences in SQ between various iPods, but really all the ones I've tried out sound the same to me with my iems. My Shuffle sounds as good as the latest Touch.

Nov 8, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #10 of 55
Quote:

really nice ones
just asking but witch player do u love the most (only sound) ?

Sound-wise, I like my Classic and my rockboxed Sansa Clip Zips equally. I leave the Classic/E11 rig home, and when I am out and about I use the Sansas. One difference....if I use a headphone that needs some EQ, I use the rockboxed Sansas. The stock EQ presets on the Classic really aren't very good. There is a Rockbox port for the Classic, but it's still in the somewhat early stages and I haven't felt quite ready to attempt it on my Classic. 

Nov 8, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #11 of 55
Quote:
I've read elsewhere of differences in SQ between various iPods, but really all the ones I've tried out sound the same to me with my iems. My Shuffle sounds as good as the latest Touch.

All the recent iPod models I have tried.....Classic, 4th-gen Touch, and 4th-gen Shuffle.... all sounded the same to me with no EQ enabled and using the headphone-out. The older models with the different chips inside sound a little different, which some people prefer and some do not.

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #12 of 55
I never had any issues with my ipod Classic 120gb via the headphone jack but via the Apple connector I would get a slight ground hum/noise in my car.  I could have been related to the ground in my car but when a friend's iPhone was connected the hum/noise was not there.  It could have been a problem specific to my ipod, who knows.

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #13 of 55
Quote:

Sound-wise, I like my Classic and my rockboxed Sansa Clip Zips equally. I leave the Classic/E11 rig home, and when I am out and about I use the Sansas. One difference....if I use a headphone that needs some EQ, I use the rockboxed Sansas. The stock EQ presets on the Classic really aren't very good. There is a Rockbox port for the Classic, but it's still in the somewhat early stages and I haven't felt quite ready to attempt it on my Classic. 

thanks a lot man
sorry but youre answer makes me want to aks again
is it true that ipod classic has a really high distortion in high volums?

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #14 of 55
Quote:
thanks a lot man
sorry but youre answer makes me want to aks again
is it true that ipod classic has a really high distortion in high volums?

I've never heard any distortion from mine.

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #15 of 55
Quote:

Quote:
All the recent iPod models I have tried.....Classic, 4th-gen Touch, and 4th-gen Shuffle.... all sounded the same to me with no EQ enabled and using the headphone-out. The older models with the different chips inside sound a little different, which some people prefer and some do not.

hey guys 
take a look here
http://macintoshhowto.com/itunes/which-ipod-has-the-best-audio-quality.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back