Wish for headphones drivable by Fiio E10k: Punchy, Bassy, yet clear
Mar 7, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #16 of 21
@spookymulder84 just checking in to see if you had updated impressions on the X2HR.
Sorry, I don't have so much time to check them up, or to try out the equalizer. The equalizer... equalizes lol, I'm quite happy with it, but I also don't mind the flat setting either. I watched a movie last night (The Hostiles) and they certainly bring up the heat in shootings, I just love how they leave a powerful impression.

I might have bought the Sundara, but instead I'm going to the Hans Zimmer concert in Ljubljana \o/. There'll be time for other headphones!! (If we don't have another war here..)

Mar 7, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #17 of 21
Sorry, I don't have so much time to check them up, or to try out the equalizer. The equalizer... equalizes lol, I'm quite happy with it, but I also don't mind the flat setting either. I watched a movie last night (The Hostiles) and they certainly bring up the heat in shootings, I just love how they leave a powerful impression.

I might have bought the Sundara, but instead I'm going to the Hans Zimmer concert in Ljubljana \o/. There'll be time for other headphones!! (If we don't have another war here..)

Thanks for the update, and hope you enjoy that concert! The Sundara is quite different and they're both worth owning, in my opinion.

Nov 20, 2022 at 9:26 AM Post #18 of 21
Thanks for the update, and hope you enjoy that concert! The Sundara is quite different and they're both worth owning, in my opinion.
A bit more than half a year later, just wanted to let you know that it never gets boring listening to X2HR. Gave my friends a try, giving them a totally new different perspective of what good headphones actually sound like. An older friend of mine that has a master in violin was just knocked off by these, he spent half a night just listening to music saying he heard sounds he never have heard in music tracks before.

Thank you whole damn much :grin:! I will definitely keep the Sundara's in mind for if a chance appears to buy them.

Nov 20, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #19 of 21
A bit more than half a year later, just wanted to let you know that it never gets boring listening to X2HR. Gave my friends a try, giving them a totally new different perspective of what good headphones actually sound like. An older friend of mine that has a master in violin was just knocked off by these, he spent half a night just listening to music saying he heard sounds he never have heard in music tracks before.

Thank you whole damn much :grin:! I will definitely keep the Sundara's in mind for if a chance appears to buy them.
I actually thought about you the other day and wondered if you'd moved on from the X2HR. Thrilled to hear that you still enjoy them!

The Sundara is starting to come up for $150-175 used, and is $240 open box I think. Planar headphones have a general speed and immediacy to them. So if you ever want something snappy, that's when I'd look into them. If not, many of us still have the X2HR even with other headphones. I actually sold mine and 'downgraded' to the SHP9500, which is also a great Philips headphone.

Enjoy the journey, my friend.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #20 of 21
I actually thought about you the other day and wondered if you'd moved on from the X2HR. Thrilled to hear that you still enjoy them!

The Sundara is starting to come up for $150-175 used, and is $240 open box I think. Planar headphones have a general speed and immediacy to them. So if you ever want something snappy, that's when I'd look into them. If not, many of us still have the X2HR even with other headphones. I actually sold mine and 'downgraded' to the SHP9500, which is also a great Philips headphone.

Enjoy the journey, my friend.
I love them, I'm even getting used to listening to music on lower volume levels since with these the enjoyment ain't dropping by much at lower levels.
How come you thought of me, even though you did 1000+ posts within this year? :laughing:
Unfortunately, a quick look on ebay.de and amazon.de don't show such affordable used Sundara, but with a better financial situation I will definitely get them. Current goal is to save up for an OLED TV (probably LG C1 or sth), since we're still running on a 12yo 40" LG LCD TV that never had a single issue.
But before I do get them, I'll have you in mind for an advice :p

Nov 20, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #21 of 21
Thought of you because I recently suggested the Denon D9200 to someone and they ended up not loving them.

Then I wondered if I was bad at giving advice, but we just all hear differently is what it comes down to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back