Wisdom teeth removal and IEM's
Jun 1, 2007 at 2:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Advil

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, so I'm getting my four wisdom teeth out in another state, so I'll be taking my girlfriends iPod along with my UM1's. But I was thinking, would it be a bad idea to take those along for after the surgery? I feel like they might hurt to put in or keep in, or might give me a headache or something. But I'm not sure. Anyone with experiences?

And as for airplanes and IEM's.... bad idea? I feel like the cabin pressure might be bad, and my ears won't pop or whatever.

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:56 AM Post #2 of 20
Ok #1. Nice avatar, i saw wicked 2 nights ago on broadway and it was an amazing show.

#2-You will probably just sleep alot after taking your wisdom teeth out. Play it by ear(no pun intended).

#3-IEM's are the most amazing things when you are flying. Be sure to equalize (hold your nose and blow). I spent 4 hours on a plane flying home from new york and there was a 6 year old girl who talked the ENTIRE way. AND a dog barking the whole time. Lucky for me i had a pair of etys and did not suffer for one second of that trip. There is really nothing that beats a good pair of IEMS for airplanes. Make sure to take a break though. 4 Hours of earplugs in your head can make you feel a little strange/give you an earache. Like in #2-play it by ear (still no pun intended).

#4-Good luck, Getting the teeth out doesnt hurt a bit, its just the recovery that can suck. Speaking of suck, DONT SUCK, you will get dry socket.

#5-blahblahblah. enjoy your trip

-Fizz

Jun 1, 2007 at 5:01 AM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by 65535 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just clamp your nose and blow.

I heard around here there that it's a bad method.

Gotta wait for the big(ger) guns to hop in here though; don't want to lead the OP astray.

Jun 1, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #6 of 20
Man, my ears constantly pop. Every time i swallow, sometimes when I open my mouth wide. I can do it whenever I want without moving anything else, actually. Is anyone else like this? It used to drive me crazy when I was younger.

Jun 1, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #7 of 20
you are taking out 4 in one go?

well, its a good opportunity to lose some weight i guess

Jun 1, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #8 of 20
I took out four, I took the knock out medicine so I don't remember anything, therefore if you are doing this bringing an ipod would be useless, they put me under right when I got in, and I was asleep on the way home. Getting them out is not as bad as people say, I got four out on a friday and went to soccer practice on monday with no problems, and played in a game on tuesday. I ate pasta the whole time, so I didn't lose any weight either, I had more of an appetite.

Jun 1, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #9 of 20
No I meant an ipod for recovery time. Not during the operation! I was just wondering if IEM's would feel uncomfortable while recovering.

Jun 1, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Advil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No I meant an ipod for recovery time. Not during the operation! I was just wondering if IEM's would feel uncomfortable while recovering.

Ahh I was confused. I imagine they would be fine, I didn't have my etys at the time I got mine out, but I did have some canal phones and they worked perfectly, just don't play too loud, I got headaches pretty easily, partly because I didn't take my painkillers (1 out of 25 given) because I didn't have pain.

Jun 1, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, my ears constantly pop. Every time i swallow, sometimes when I open my mouth wide. I can do it whenever I want without moving anything else, actually. Is anyone else like this? It used to drive me crazy when I was younger.

I can do it too, yes, it indeed scare the cr!@ out of me when I was small... but I got use to it... hell, is easy to equalized the pressure with this kind of body built XD

Jun 1, 2007 at 6:52 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can, I love the ability.

Jun 1, 2007 at 9:22 AM Post #14 of 20
Some dentists like to inject the local anaesthetic then wait ten seconds and go "let's see if it's started working yet" - don't buy into this, you have to wait 5 minutes for it to work or the sound of cracking bone within your skull will be the least of your worries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back