Wisconsin meet?
Dec 13, 2005 at 3:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Lt_Core

100+ Head-Fier
I live in Oshkosh, about 1 hour north of Milwaukee. I would love to go to a meet one of these days in Milwaukee or Madison. We have no decent audiophile retailers around here and I would love to listen to some of these high-end headphones I always read about.

Any Wisconsin head-fi'ers out there willing to get together somewhere?

Dec 14, 2005 at 6:42 PM Post #4 of 29
i'm in madison. my uncle owns the electric lounge in oshkosh (the one connected to the ramada or whatever it was).

edit: i'm in school in madison, but from milwaukee, too. so anywhere could work as long as it's a weekend (i'm on the madison crew team=5am every morning).

edit2: anyone else in madison heard the mb quart QL 204 bookshelves at Paragon Audio & Video? i just picked up a pair and
they
are
ridiculous.

you're all welcome to come over and have a listen. i'm going out rumble shopping tomorrow for something that wont overpower these sweet little babypies.

Dec 14, 2005 at 10:59 PM Post #5 of 29
I'd be interested as well, especially if it's in Milwaukee. I could bring some of my gear as well. I wonder if Ebonyks is up for organizing another meet..!!
icon10.gif

Dec 19, 2005 at 5:04 AM Post #6 of 29
You could use my house in madison, it is quite spacious ( I guess I should check with the rents first), but we have a huge basement that could accomidate a fair number. The best place for gear in madison I have found is University Audio. They have some Grado's and Senn's. the owner has a pair of RS-1's that he let me listen to at the shop for a while. they also have a xcan v3 sitting around but I think thats it for amps.

I would be glad to volunteer my house though, im sure my parents would be fine with it. I live just about a few miles west of the beltline.

Dec 22, 2005 at 12:55 AM Post #7 of 29
Meet the weekend of the 7th or the 14th? is anybody interested in driving to this. I would be on the west side of madison. I talked to the rents and it won't be a problem whatsoever, plenty of parking on the street and plenty of room. PM me if you are interested or just post here. I really do wan't to try and set this up.

Dec 29, 2005 at 4:01 AM Post #10 of 29
Well I would like to have it in the next few weeks. I want to have it before school starts again...I think the 15th or 18th or something like that

Dec 30, 2005 at 4:07 PM Post #12 of 29
I'd go, but i doubt my rents would let me drive to madison, oh well...

Jan 8, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #14 of 29
Just moved to Waukesha and would love to come out to a meet now that I don't have to work every weekend. As soon as someone comes up with a date and place I'm there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back