Wiring up BNC jacks
Jan 15, 2007 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

daggerlee

500+ Head-Fier
I've got some BNC jacks on the way to replace the coaxial ones in my Zhaolu. Just a question, I'm going to use some coax as hookup wire. What would be best appropriate to use as ground - the shielding of the coax wire, or just normal hookup wire? Also, I'm adding a RCA jack as well - should it be wired in series with teh BNC jack, or should both of them be connected directly to the trace on the PCB?

Jan 18, 2007 at 10:52 AM Post #2 of 2
Are you replacing the digital input jack? And what are you talking about adding a RCA jack? There is already a RCA jack there! Im totally confused here....poor Zhaolu!

You have opened up your Zhaolu and loooked inside right? Than you would know those jacks are mounted to the circuitboard. Simply unsolder the exsisting jack, mount the new BNC jack..and solder wires from the jack to the circuit board! use as short of wire as possible. Doesnt matter what wire you use as long as it is good quality. I would use 22 guage solid core copper wire for the job. RCA in series with the BNC jack? um...no. You could put it in parallel but know that only one of the jacks could be used at a time. I wouldnt recommend using 2 digital input jacks though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back