Wiring Product # from Digikey?
Jul 27, 2004 at 3:29 AM Post #2 of 7
Just glancing through the Digi-Key catalogs, it doesn't appear that they sell hookup wire in anything less than 100ft segments at ~$16. 22gauge is generally pretty well liked - search for A2016. You can get silver-plated copper with teflon insulator from hndme.com (http://hndme.com/storeteflonwire.html) for $0.25 per foot. I'm not sure of anywhere that sells plain copper/pvc insulator wire by the foot, you can always try radioshack although it's a fair bet they won't have GOOD wire and it'll be expensive (for what it is).

Jul 27, 2004 at 5:18 AM Post #4 of 7
Mouser carries Alpha Core wire, which is decent stuff. You can get cheap plain PVC (thick, shrinks when heated) or irradiated PVC (thinner, doesn't shrink, harder to melt), or Teflon (thinnest, doesn't shrink, all but impossible to melt).

Jul 27, 2004 at 10:52 AM Post #5 of 7
Hey, thanks for alerting me to the handmade website. It looks like they have some great stuff.

Jul 27, 2004 at 2:21 PM Post #6 of 7
The A2016 number at Digi-Key is Alpha wire, but neither Digi-key or Mouser seem to sell any of it in anything less than 100' spools, which is a bit of overkill for one CMoy... if they have it by the foot anywhere, I missed it.

Jimmy.

PS: Yeah, hndme.com is pretty nifty... have a look at partsconnexion.com too.

Jul 27, 2004 at 2:36 PM Post #7 of 7
Another good source for hook up wire (mil-spec silver plated stranded copper, teflon jacketed) is ApexJr here. At those prices, I didn't mind ordering 200 or 300 feet of 24ga (which is what I use... 22ga always seemed a bit too big in the RS board holes, etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back