Wiring Panel Components for CMoy; huh?!
Apr 25, 2005 at 9:07 PM Post #16 of 25
Look on this data sheet. It has a good drawing of the switch Contact arrangement. on most Single Pole Double Throw mini switches like used in the Cmoy, you will break the positive battery wire through the center lug and out either the top or bottom lug of the switch.

Here's a link to a data sheet.
SPDT Mini Switch data sheet

DobsOnly

Apr 25, 2005 at 9:23 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by tramahound
the seemingly simple power switch still alludes me. what goes where?

The power switch's purpose is to break one of the power wires (V+ or V-, doesn't matter) to the amp board. If you have a switch with only two lugs, you can't screw it up. If it has three, then you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right, and the only consequence of getting it wrong is that the bat works backwards until you fix it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by seesoe
can i just solder the to grounds from the pot together and run one lead wire from that?

Yes.

Apr 26, 2005 at 1:19 AM Post #18 of 25
I just added a wiring diagram to the layout PDF. If you all still can't figure it out, it's time to give up on DIY.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 26, 2005 at 3:04 AM Post #19 of 25
Wow, I hadn't seen your Cmoy tutorial since you polished it earlier this month. It looks great. That final wiring diagram is a great addition. As always, nice work Tangent.

Apr 26, 2005 at 3:18 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by tangent
I just added a wiring diagram to the layout PDF. If you all still can't figure it out, it's time to give up on DIY.
rolleyes.gif

o wow that helps alot thanks very much im almost done
wink.gif

Apr 26, 2005 at 11:28 AM Post #21 of 25
ok, i think I got the input/output down, and i'm going to mess with the power switch tonight.
for the ground wires from my input/output components, can i solder those to the R3 resistors by the opamp chip? my groung jumper isn't really big enough to get 2-3 wires around it.
I can see the end in sight!!!
Thanks

Apr 27, 2005 at 7:12 PM Post #23 of 25
for anyone still interested; I finished my amp. works great and has been running without incident all day long connected to my work G5. I figured out the power switch with no trouble even. I tend to worry myself over details like that and try to over prepare thus my constant questioning. sorry
frown.gif

At any rate I'm very happy with the end result despite the messy wire routing I have crammed in the tin. Great little project. Thanks for all the help especially to you Tangent.
Now about those interconnect DIY pages...

Apr 27, 2005 at 8:03 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by tramahound
for anyone still interested; I finished my amp. works great and has been running without incident all day long connected to my work G5. I figured out the power switch with no trouble even. I tend to worry myself over details like that and try to over prepare thus my constant questioning. sorry
frown.gif

At any rate I'm very happy with the end result despite the messy wire routing I have crammed in the tin. Great little project. Thanks for all the help especially to you Tangent.
Now about those interconnect DIY pages...

Pics please! I did the same thing as you when I built my cmoy. I was so afraid of screwing it up and wanted to be so prepared that I lost focus of the fact that the best way to learn is to just build it and fix any mistakes. Regardless, sounds like you made it. Congrats! See you in the interconnect thread...

Apr 27, 2005 at 8:12 PM Post #25 of 25
pics will be taken as soon as i can. I'm wishing I had used the ginger altoids tin instead of the standard peppermint one though. who doesn't have an amp in one of those?
rolleyes.gif
guess I'll have to make another one then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back