Wiring Issue with Klipsch Image S4
Oct 24, 2009 at 11:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ucrags84

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I was told to post this and amy would help out.

My Klipsch S4's left driver went out last night, but when I push on it it seems to come in intermittently. It seems like there's a loose contact with the wiring and the driver somewhere.

Luckily my retailer will send my a replacement right now, but for the future I was wondering if this is a common problem or an anamoly.

Also, what is the proper way to put in the S4s, adjust them for ideal fit, and take them out to preserve the integrity of all the wiring? I pulled on the driver housing to make sure not to tug the wires.

I know the wires are thin, but they have reinforced areas near the connections so that might help.

The sound is amazing from these cans though!!

Thanks
L3000.gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #2 of 4
Hello,
Sorry to hear about the problem, and I'm glad you're being taken care of. We haven't seen any wire problems with the S4 line, and rest assured these have a 2 year warranty when purchased from an authorized dealer
normal_smile .gif

Nov 4, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #4 of 4
We can make exceptions with wiring issues, especially if it appears to be an obvious manufacturing defect. Headphone cables are highly susceptible to misuse, so we don't automatically cover them in all cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back