wireless
Dec 30, 2009 at 6:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

alidan

Head-Fier
sorry if this is in the wrong place or for my poor grammar and spelling.

i have a pair of Sennheiser hd555, they are great, and i recommend them to anyone who asks, but the one thing that i have a problem is the cable.

i like that its thick and that its long, because i tend to get up and move around, but you have no idea how annoying it is to get up only to have your head yanked down because you ran over the cord with the chair again.

i am just wondering how is wireless technology coming along?

so you know i would most likely always be within 10 feet of the receiver.

i know that i'm missing something that i should have said... but i cant for the life of me figure out what it is. so if you need me to elaborate a bit more on something than tell me.

Dec 31, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #2 of 9
Welcome to head-fi. I think you would be best served by purchasing an extension cable. I purchased mine on ebay from heels-6. He mades good quality custom cables to order at a fair price. I don't think you'd be happy with wireless headphones.

Dec 31, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #3 of 9
I need wireless cause my kid can turn a corner like no other and his straight line speed is equally frightening. He's working on his brakes so running wires would be no good. I just got the RS 180 Senns so I'l post a review of them but I only have my Hi-Fi audio and Sony MDR-7506s as a reference. So far very light and very comfy. Light like I thought the shipping box was empty. Post again real soon.

Jan 1, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oraclehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need wireless cause my kid can turn a corner like no other and his straight line speed is equally frightening. He's working on his brakes so running wires would be no good. I just got the RS 180 Senns so I'l post a review of them but I only have my Hi-Fi audio and Sony MDR-7506s as a reference. So far very light and very comfy. Light like I thought the shipping box was empty. Post again real soon.

Would love to hear your impressions!

Jan 1, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #5 of 9
Kid and Wife just fell asleep. I finished charging for about 12 hours. Poured myself some Lagavulin. Now on my second. Rang in the new year to Norah Jones. I'm on the on fifth track and so far so....absolutely Brilliant. Her voice is so up front. I'm 14 rows back set off to the left. I'm lovin the mids so far. Her piano sounds distant. Staging...I'll subscribe to that!!! I'm tempted to switch to my Sony and compare but it's too good right now. I'll save that for another time and just enjoy. What an excellent way to ring in the new year. That's my inebriated review for now. I'm about to switch to some Mangione to confirm my impression of sweet sweet mids, but I'll let Ms. Jones seduce me for a bit longer.
As far as range, I live in a Condo and I've gone to every corner with no loss or degradation of signal. Only cutting out occurred in front of the Nuker while getting myself re-acquainted with Orville.

Jan 1, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #6 of 9
I should mention. I recorded Norah's LP to CD. I'm running directly from my CDX 920 Yamaha. This deck's got a great DAC and has a new pick up. I had to turn the adjustable gain down. Chuck and his horn will be run directly from my DL160 Cart and ProJect Tubebox SE II. Damn I need a Headphone Amp but I just got this Macbook and I need a divorce like a hole in my Noggin.

Jan 1, 2010 at 6:01 AM Post #7 of 9
Priest I don't know what to tell you. You've got such an inventory and probably some very acute ears. I've always preferred power amps and speakers for my listening but I am a former horn player and I trust my ears. I tried to read that thing about describing sound but it just seems too analytical and I don't have enough of an arsenal to compare.

Jan 2, 2010 at 6:49 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oraclehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Priest I don't know what to tell you. You've got such an inventory and probably some very acute ears. I've always preferred power amps and speakers for my listening but I am a former horn player and I trust my ears. I tried to read that thing about describing sound but it just seems too analytical and I don't have enough of an arsenal to compare.

I have a reasonable inventory, but not too acute on the ears. With the new Senn wireless numbers, I think the thing people want to know the most is whether they really are comparable to wired for music listening. Senn seems to think so, but listener impressions are obviously more objective. In any event, your intervening post seems to indicate that they are quite usable for that purpose (as opposed to movies and games, say). Thanks.

Jan 4, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #9 of 9
sorry for the late post back, computer problems.

thanks, they sound good.

and to rodentdog not the cable is long enough as is, its just that i tend to role over part with my chair i get up and my head is yanked because i thought i have more wire, or the wheal is actually on top of the wire.

i would have to say that those headphones are defiantly out of my price range at the moment because of my recent computer problems, though when i do get money, or next Christmas, i will defiantly consider them.

now, i have a question, is there some kind of adapter for headphones to make them wireless? i mean like a base unit, and than something else that you plug the wired headphones into that acts as a receiver? it wouldn't surprise me if there was, and if there is is it any good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back