Wireless transmitter/receiver?
Jun 2, 2010 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

DrSpiv

New Head-Fier
I feel like I've spent half the morning hunting for something that seems really obvious, but I can't seem to find the answers.

I'd like to transmit audio from my main rig to a remote room for monitoring; whatever comes out of the main mixer in room A goes to room B. I'd like it to just be another accessory plugged in to the patch bay (analog), like the other amps so it doesn't disturb my current setup.

What I seem to find everywhere, and don't want, is things like the airport, music-bridge, etc that capture audio from (some) software on the computer side and link up over 802.11b/g/n. I have other sources that need to be broadcast besides just the computer.

Quality would be nice, but I understand there may be sacrifices to be made because it's over wireless. The closest thing I've found is the Widio, which is close but one end is battery powered (and presumably has to be occasionally synced with its base station), and no longer seems to be for sale. If it's the best thing, and I can find one, I'll hack it up to have its own power supply.

Other than that, FM transmitters. Which...I mean if I have to, but please tell me there's a better option?

bonus: if it will work with multiple receivers for a single transmitter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back