Wireless Surround Sound Headphones purely for Movies and TV?
Dec 13, 2011 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ACE of SPARTANS

New Head-Fier
I looked around, yes I used the search button, and found some posts where people posted helpful information. But the only problem is that in most of those threads the people posting and asking about headsets had a budget of about $1,000. That's far beyond mine.

So I'm asking if anyone knows of a good pair I could get for about 250 tops? They will be for my dad who plays the TV much too loudly and annoys my mom. He is by no means an audiophile, anything that sounds decent in any way and is immersive. Don't have to meet audiophile standards at all. Bass would obviously be a plus, as well as mids I guess for the dialogue.

I'm hoping to get a pair for him for Christmas (maybe a little after, it'll be fine though). So can anybody help me?

Also, I'm not sure if this is a given or not: But there would be a way to switch between listening via headset and via TV's speakers easily without plugging or unplugging anything, correct?

And if it could be rechargeable, that'd be amazing too. Thanks guys, lemme know.

Dec 14, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #3 of 4
rs220 is said to be amazing for music, but both rs220 and rs180 are open headphones.  if the tv audio is on at the same time while listening with these phones, there may be an annoying echo sensation according to those who have used them. the rs170 might be the better bet since it is closed & has both bass boost and simulated surround modes.

fyi - i've not tested any of these phones .. just repeating info that is out there...

<edit>  you might also consider the pioneer se-dir800c which features dolby 5.1

hth,

Dec 20, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the tips, I think I'm going to go with the Astro 5.8 Mixamp with some other headset as part of the combination. Probably an open one.

Possibly a Sennheiser just because they seem simple enough and good enough at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back