Wireless streaming bridges?
Nov 17, 2017 at 8:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

flohmann

100+ Head-Fier
Other than the Auralic Aries, what other wireless streamers out there are well-regarded? (OK, I know about the dCS Network Bridge, but it's a bit spendy.)

The category I'm looking for is the "streaming bridge" -- get the bits wirelessly from a networked server to my headphone rig (basically, replacing the computer I use now to feed my DAC/amp). So, ideally:
  • no DAC
  • yes WiFi
  • RoonReady
Am I missing something? It seems like a pretty empty category.

Nov 17, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 12
There's the bluesound node 2, The bluesound specific controller app is junk, but the node 2 itself makes a decent Roon endpoint, I've been using mine for about a year [but wired, not wifi]. You can also go the Raspberry Pi with a digital out board, e.g.the Allo DigiOne, HifiBerry or other options. I brought the DigiOne bundle and was up and running without too much hassle. The Aries does seem to be the standard in this space.

Nov 18, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #5 of 12
NVM

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #7 of 12
Thanks for these ideas!

At the lower price points, the Allo DigiOne or USBridge look very interesting, and capable of running Roon Bridge. And the Allo folks seem very responsive on the Roon Community forums, which is a good sign.

And thanks also for the tip about no WiFi yet for dCS Bridge.

Nov 18, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #8 of 12
Audiophonics makes some good inexpensive options.

I have been looking for a good option for a while. I use a Squeezebox Duet with a digital output to my DAC/Amp. The Squeezeboxes are GREAT. Even though they are discontinued, they still receive regular support and have an active community. I just bought a Pioneer N-30 to play around with (no wifi but have an adapter). The Bluesound options are good. Sono Connect is another good option.

As always, the Chromecast Audio works.

Oct 18, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #9 of 12
Thanks for these ideas!

At the lower price points, the Allo DigiOne or USBridge look very interesting, and capable of running Roon Bridge. And the Allo folks seem very responsive on the Roon Community forums, which is a good sign.

And thanks also for the tip about no WiFi yet for dCS Bridge.

Maybe it’s a good stuff, but my Digione has never worked with any of my DAC’s.
Support service is s**t

Oct 29, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #10 of 12
The Nativ Vita system does quite well via WiFi, and they have an update coming within the next week will upgrade the Roon experience. It has always handled Roon with "OS Mixer" output but will now use the full RAAT protocol and be officially Roon Certified.

$1600 is not cheap, but it's a killer touchscreen transport with multiple outputs in USB and various SPDIF formats. Also does many other things besides Roon if you want to go that route.

Nov 14, 2018 at 3:46 AM Post #11 of 12
Hi everyone can I ask, is the allo digione signature player great to use for streaming music, I have only tidal and audirivana and no roon.

My goal is to connect the streamer to my chord qutest dac

Which operating system to choose for the digione player planning to use my windows laptop

Nov 15, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #12 of 12
I would also like to know this.... my music library is on a Plex server so I'd love to be able to stream/cast from my phone to the Digione player (or similar) into my DAC but can't seem to find info on this exact setup.... I'd be happy to use Volumio if network streaming works over wifi... I want to eliminate the laptop & usb from the chain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back