Wireless Router: Which is the most reliable?
Jan 5, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #31 of 36
It depends on the settings. If your router frequently saves logs, it will wear it's flash memory faster than if it doesn't save any logs.

For example, the DDWRT 3rd party firmware for the Linksys routers have a feature that logs the traffic. It only writes the log to memory every 24 hours to prevent wearing down the memory too fast.

My routers are over 5 years old and still going strong. But those are out of the ordinary....Today appliances are designed to fail some time after the warranty is over. It's one of the solutions businesses came up with to keep making more money. Gotta keep the economy rolling, right? Someone's got to pay for infinite economic growth.

Jan 5, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #33 of 36
Obviously the best forum ever to ask about wireless connection.

For regular use, there are no differences whatsoever. Pick the one you like most.
CNET should give you a better answer

Jan 12, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #36 of 36
In my opinion, all wireless is ****. Of course, one of my primary goals is to stream 720p through my house, quickly and reliably. I still haven't been able to pull it off, and I've tried damn near everything. About to give up and wire CAT6 to the 2 rooms where I really need it. For what it's worth, I'm running a Cisco E3000 with Tomato.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back