Wireless replacement for AKG 550 maybe Sony WH-1000XM4?
Mar 7, 2021 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Becis

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody,

I am happy owner for several years of wired AKG 550, they are still working fine however I would like to try some of the new technologies so I would like to change them.

I am definitely not and audiofile I am more like an average consumer who likes to have some quality music and sound overall.

So my current setup is mainly Spotify as music source from my phone ( Samsung Galaxy S20 ) and Windows 10 PC without dedicated sound card.

What I really enjoy on my AKG 550 and what I would like to have on my new headphones is the space of the stage which they can offer.

I already Googled a lot and spent last week by reading several reviews and my most liked option is now Sony WH-1000XM4. What do you think sbout this choice? Do you think that they can offer atleast same sound ( or even better ) sound quality than my current AKG 550?

And now here is my second question. If I will buy bluetooth headphones my current PC does not has bluetooth. So I would need to buy some BT dongle. So I was thinking if it would be possible to buy some BT DAC which supports LDAC codec? Or is there any other better solution?

Thanks for you replies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back