Wireless PC headset recommendation
Feb 3, 2011 at 5:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

damnbiker

New Head-Fier
Hi all, had a question about Wireless PC headsets.  I wouldn't be using it for listening to music or gaming, I just want it for VoIP and Rosetta stone (language learning software).  I'd like something with good range and a strong signal, good sound quality and, most importantly comfort.  These would be for my girlfriend who is not an audiophile at all, and I know that if they aren't extremely comfortable or easy to use that she won't use them.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Feb 4, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #2 of 3
Not a recommendation, but one to stay away from. I have the Jabra GN9350, which is considered one of the best wireless headsets. However, music is one thing it doesn't do well.

Feb 8, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #3 of 3
My fiance gave me a  Plantronics 995H a while back.  They're great for voice (Skype in particular), fair to bad for music and gaming. Range is shockingly good considering that the transmitter is a little USB stick that you could easily mistake for a flash drive. I can wander into the next couple of rooms or even take the dogs outside while chatting.

They do have some drawbacks beyond the low end cans. The thing that worries me the most is that they are useless without a charge. There's no charging and chatting. On the plus side, a charge does last a good long time so it's seldom an issue. I've never really timed it, but imagine it's in the four or five hour range. They're not the most comfortable headphones ever. After a couple of hours I find myself tugging mindlessly at the cups. I have a huge head with matching ears...so may not be the best judge of comfort though. The battery is sealed in the headset, so when it goes everything gets dropped in the trash.

Still and all for a sub $70 wireless headset it does pretty well.

Off topic, Technobarbie, I haven't seen Quisp in years! I miss the commercial battles between Quisp and Quake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back