Wireless over-ear headphones
May 27, 2016 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mickeydean

New Head-Fier
Looking for over-ear bluetooth/wireless headphones with sound quality similar to the $180 AT M50x's.
So I figure $400 give or take is a fair price. 
The list are (trusted retailers in Aus so protected with consumer warranty yada yada yada):

Pendulumic Stance S1+ $329 (worried about warranty and build quality)
Bose AE II bluetooth $300 (never used Bose but I hear they are like Beats - overpriced for what it is)
Sony MDR-1ABT $448 (heard build quality is not great but issue is price)
Koss BT540i $300

Other options:
Beats - **** and pricy 
B&O - too pricy
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Over-Ear Wireless - too pricy

Any recommendations?

If I can get a cheap pair that does what I want it to, great. If it costs $400 then I'll pay that.

May 27, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #2 of 4
The Momentums are on Amazon for $419.99 with free shipping. Go get it :p (Do note you can't turn off noise cancellation in wireless mode.)
The MDR-1ABT, imo, sounds good but the Sennheiser does much better. The plastic build of the MDRs feels a bit cheap for $400 but the 30 hours battery life and touch controls is a plus I guess. Anyways, from where I'm from, there's no Pendulumic's and Koss's, so I don't know how they sound like but for me, Senn> Sony> Bose. If I were you I definitely would invest a bit more to get the Senn's, the build quality is definitely premium if you worry about build quality. Anyways, good luck.
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back