Wireless In-Ear Headphones (Powerbeats2 / Jaybirds / etc. for Gym and such)
Jan 31, 2016 at 5:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Melee

Head-Fier
I am looking for a great pair of headphones that are wireless (Bluetooth I'm sure) and sit in my ear well enough so that they don't slide out. I will be using these for the Gym, doing chores around the house, working on my car, etc. They will be my headphones for when I am moving around. I have tried these things with Apple Earbuds and they constantly fall out which I cannot stand.

I was considering picking up the Powerbeats2 as they supposedly have decent sound and will not fall out of your ear once seated properly. I know the Jaybird Bluebuds are highly revered but I've read many reviews stating they have the same identical problem to the Apple ones of falling out during physical activity.

What would you guys recommend? Are the Powerbeats2 worth the price, great for staying in while moving, and do they have decent sound quality *AND* Isolation (at least somewhat) to drown own ambient noise while at the gym or elsewhere?

Thanks for the help!

Jan 31, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #3 of 5
Anyone at all? I'd like to purchase a pair by tomorrow morning from Amazon so I can have them here on Tuesday.

I'm mainly asking are there any alternative options besides these two that are worth mentioning and if not, which of these two would you recommend and why?

Thank you.

Feb 1, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #4 of 5
My wife uses the Power Beats at the gym.  She loves them, they dont fall out and sound great.  I have the Jaybirds.  Fantastic sounding as well, and they come with different sized ear lobe clips to help prevent them from falling out.  Either one is a great buy.

Feb 1, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #5 of 5
  My wife uses the Power Beats at the gym.  She loves them, they dont fall out and sound great.  I have the Jaybirds.  Fantastic sounding as well, and they come with different sized ear lobe clips to help prevent them from falling out.  Either one is a great buy.

Thank you so much for the response.

Have you tried hers at all? I'd love to hear a comparison. I've never bought into the Beats hype as most of their stuff was sub par in the past. However, these are supposed to be quite good and the Jaybirds are always well revered. It's extremely hard to make a decision between them, especially since they're around the same price now.

I was curious if there were other brands or models flying under the radar as these are the only two I can really find a lot of information on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back