Wireless In-Ear for gym use.
Nov 24, 2011 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

GrooveRite

100+ Head-Fier
As the title states, I'm looking for a pair of wireless in-ear headsets for the gym.  My wired set constantly keep getting snagged and ripped out of my ears on machines as I walk by and use them.  Very annoying!!  SQ doesn't need to be superb but would at least like it to be fair at least.  I sweat A LOT!!  Seriously, I sweat BAD!  Like, at the end of my cardio work it, it looks like someone hosed me down with water!  So I need these pair of headsets to withstand sweat somewhat I guess.  I've been reading and researching some pairs but the only one that came close was the Motorola MOTOROKR S9-HD.  The only problem with these is that people have been complaining that the sweat eventually kills them.  Are there any other headsets that are out there for my particular use??  If there aren't any for wireless use, could someone recommend me a wired pair that are good for gym use?  Thank you all in advance for any recommendations!

Nov 24, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #2 of 10
Might want to consider wireless over-ear or clipped to the ear phones, as opposed to IEMs since sweat with probably break the seal and theyll fall out. Maybe something from jaybirdgear.com look at the Freedom's they look promising they're IEM but have a hook thing so they dont fall out, don't know the quality of these phones but as you said they don't have to be good just convenient.

Edit: Also since they peaked my interest I read and they have a lifetime warranty against sweat, since they ar emake for working out.

Nov 24, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #3 of 10
You could try the Meelec M6, I haven't tried them but they seem to be designed for sports and physical activity, and the cord isn't rubber, which could help prevent it from catching onto things. Another cheap solution a few of my buddies use would be simply to wear the cord underneath your shirt, although it may feel kind of strange.

Nov 24, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #5 of 10
Wear a muscle shirt and a t-shirt over it and route your earphones under your shirt. That's what I do to prevent snagging and sweat. And try not to get the ones with a mic, the sweat messes with them.

Nov 24, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
Might want to consider wireless over-ear or clipped to the ear phones, as opposed to IEMs since sweat with probably break the seal and theyll fall out. Maybe something from jaybirdgear.com look at the Freedom's they look promising they're IEM but have a hook thing so they dont fall out, don't know the quality of these phones but as you said they don't have to be good just convenient.

Edit: Also since they peaked my interest I read and they have a lifetime warranty against sweat, since they ar emake for working out.

If the over-ear cancel noise a bit I'd be interested otherwise no.  Its very loud at my gym so IEM's with good noise canceling is what I'm looking for actually.  I'll take a look at the Freedom's for sure!  Thank you for the recommendations!

Quote:
You could try the Meelec M6, I haven't tried them but they seem to be designed for sports and physical activity, and the cord isn't rubber, which could help prevent it from catching onto things. Another cheap solution a few of my buddies use would be simply to wear the cord underneath your shirt, although it may feel kind of strange.

lol I actually have tucked the cord inside my shirt and its not a comfortable feeling to say the least.  Besides, wouldn't the sweat eventually stiffen/deteriorate the wire??  Not sure but might be possible!  I'm going to give the Meelec M6 a look and see if they are a good choice for me.  Thank you!

Quote:
Sweat kills anything right? Especially wireless ones. I think Sony had a wireless waterproof product coming up.

I'm hesitant when it comes to Sony but I'll give them a try if they have a product that works!  Thanks!

Nov 24, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
Wear a muscle shirt and a t-shirt over it and route your earphones under your shirt. That's what I do to prevent snagging and sweat. And try not to get the ones with a mic, the sweat messes with them.

You know, I've noticed that the one that always falls off my ear is the one where the mic is on the wire.  The little weight of the damn mic on the wire pulls the monitor out of my ear when I'm running of the treadmill!  I'm in the process of looking for Lycra/nylon shirts because these cotton shirts get ridiculously too wet on me.  I'll try the muscle shirt and t-shirt in the mean time.  Thanks for the advice!

Nov 24, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
I'm hesitant when it comes to Sony but I'll give them a try if they have a product that works!  Thanks!

Same here actually. 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 15, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #9 of 10
Hi All

I wondered if anyone has any updated recommendations for gym headphones?
I too at the minute am using wired headphones, but I want to upgrade to some wireless ones which have good sound also - I don't sweat massively so they don't need to be completely waterproof, just sweat proof. 

Money isn't really a problem although I don't want to spend hundreds. I don't mind forking out for a decent pair but I honestly don't know which ones are best. 

I'm tempted by the Powerbeats2 Wireless by Dr. Dre but I fear that the £170 price tag is mainly for the 'name' rather than the quality of the audio. The Monster iSport Superslim also seem decent according to reviews so they aren't completely ruled out but I'm interested to see what everyone else has and whats recommended.

Thanks in advance!

Sep 15, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #10 of 10
  Hi All

I wondered if anyone has any updated recommendations for gym headphones?
I too at the minute am using wired headphones, but I want to upgrade to some wireless ones which have good sound also - I don't sweat massively so they don't need to be completely waterproof, just sweat proof. 

Money isn't really a problem although I don't want to spend hundreds. I don't mind forking out for a decent pair but I honestly don't know which ones are best. 

I'm tempted by the Powerbeats2 Wireless by Dr. Dre but I fear that the £170 price tag is mainly for the 'name' rather than the quality of the audio. The Monster iSport Superslim also seem decent according to reviews so they aren't completely ruled out but I'm interested to see what everyone else has and whats recommended.

Thanks in advance!

I've been using these since January and they've been great for me! I had ordered 2 (one for my brother and the other for me) and noticed that they both sounded slightly different so there may be QC issues. The pair I kept has nice clear highs with nice tight bass. There was a pair that was too bassy (muddy) for my taste so I returned those. The price doesn't hurt your pocket either. Give them a try!

http://www.amazon.com/Soundpeats-Bluetooth-Lightweight-Headphones-microphone/dp/B00PEPIWNI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442332523&sr=8-1&keywords=qy7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back