Wireless IEM's
Apr 25, 2010 at 11:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

osogato

New Head-Fier
I know many of you would never sacrifice audio quality for wireless convenience, but it'd be nice to have a choice. For example, I'd like to be able to stream audio from my desktop while I'm doing chores around the house.

I know the Sleek Audio SA1 and SA6 can be plugged into a wireless receiver but the IEM's themselves are not so great. That makes me wonder if the SA wireless system (link) can be fitted with an adapter and work with other IEM's with detachable cables. The ER4 and upcoming UM3X with detachable cables come to mind. Are there other wireless options besides the Sleek Audio one?

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by odontastic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Panasonic's RP-HJE900 is compatible with the Sleek Audio W-1 Wireless Accessory. It's what I've been using at home.

This is great info. I love head-fi!

Apr 25, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #5 of 10
So I'm not trying to be a smartass here :wink: BUT IEM actually stands for In Ear Monitor system meaning something that musicians use on stage usually with a wireless system for convenience (pretty bad for a metal guitar player to have the monitor cable hindering his headbanging and stuff...). So you should simply look for a wireless system and you can easily plug all kinds of Earcanalphones (what is actually the right description of the product we call IEM) as they usually don't use proprietary connections.

Apr 25, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Galatian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I'm not trying to be a smartass here :wink: BUT IEM actually stands for In Ear Monitor system meaning something that musicians use on stage usually with a wireless system for convenience (pretty bad for a metal guitar player to have the monitor cable hindering his headbanging and stuff...). So you should simply look for a wireless system and you can easily plug all kinds of Earcanalphones (what is actually the right description of the product we call IEM) as they usually don't use proprietary connections.

As far as I am aware, most pros will use custom iems with the cables running down their backs, into a transmitter reciever module, thus not impeding their "headbanging" in any way. Others simply use on stage monitors.

Apr 25, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #7 of 10
Sennheiser MX-W1 earbud also use kleer wireless technology FYI.

and just a word of caution, they tend to get cut off fairly easily when a wall is in the way.

wireless it is, just not "as wireless as" most expect it to be.

Apr 25, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by syn_fx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as I am aware, most pros will use custom iems with the cables running down their backs, into a transmitter reciever module, thus not impeding their "headbanging" in any way. Others simply use on stage monitors.

yep that's exactly what I was saying!

Apr 26, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #10 of 10
i have this little jabra blutooth gadget i got on ebay for like 10 bucks and u can plug any iem 3.5mm into jack,, sound descent for blutooth ,, and imo worth the ten dollars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back