Wireless headset with good microphone noise cancellation for side voices
Jan 31, 2023 at 9:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

murz

New Head-Fier
Could anyone please give me models of wireless headsets with a really good noise-canceling microphone? Precisely the microphone's.

I have a Jabra Evolve2 65 headset and its microphone noise cancellation is really great! I work in a pretty noisy office, where people sit a meter away from me and talk a lot, and the Jabra Evolve2 65 provides a very good result with canceling their background speech!

But it has other issues that annoy me (the most problematic is described here https://qr.ae/pr8s9B), so I need to find a replacement.

And I can't find any website or service, which allows me to filter all thousands of models by the "noise-canceling microphone" feature available.

As result, I've just bought "the best from reviews" headset SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro (had no chance to test it before buying), but after testing - got that its microphone catches the all background sound very loudly! So interlocutors hear my speech very badly.

And now, to not fail again, I want to gather real feedback and build a list of candidates to replace my Jabra.

So, If anyone knows such models, please give me the names. Or links to services where I can filter models by the "noise-canceling microphone" feature. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #2 of 9
Jan 31, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #3 of 9
I'm not familiar enough with mic quality on all the different ANC headphones, but here's a starting place:
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tools/table/64369
Thanks, but the problem is that the classic "ANC" feature relates to canceling the incoming noise (background noise to my ears), not canceling the outgoing sound (how my voice is recorded and heard by others), so, sadly, such filters are useless for my case :slight_frown:

Jan 31, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #5 of 9
Thanks, but the problem is that the classic "ANC" feature relates to canceling the incoming noise (background noise to my ears), not canceling the outgoing sound (how my voice is recorded and heard by others), so, sadly, such filters are useless for my case :slight_frown:
There's a column to sort by phone calls. And if you click into each headphone model, they review the mic and provide a sample.

rtings.JPG

Jan 31, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #6 of 9
@murz Audeze Maxwell seems to be really good at cancelling surrounding sounds when talking through its microphone. Its not really clear yet when they really gonna ship out but hopefully soon. :)

Yeah, the results in the video are really great, will track this model! But the test is done with not a speech, but a constant noise, so I am afraid that the speech results could be worse.

Jan 31, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #7 of 9
Yeah, the results in the video are really great, will track this model! But the test is done with not a speech, but a constant noise, so I am afraid that the speech results could be worse.
I guess that just speech is the most difficult to filter due to the fact the just speech is the thing you also want to not be filtered? :D I heard that Sonys WH-1000XM5 is quite good to filter out surrounding sounds with phone calls in busy environments too.

Jan 31, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #8 of 9
I guess that just speech is the most difficult to filter due to the fact the just speech is the thing you also want to not be filtered? :D
Yes, exactly, therefore I've asked here about the experience and nuances of this. Because the only solution of this is a hardware solution with several microphones, which detects the real vector (position) of the outgoing voice, and cancels all side voices by the results. So all software solutions (that are used in most of the headsets) will not work well for this task.

And Jabra Evolve2 devices doing this really well (Evolve2 85 has even 10 microphones), but other behavior of them are very bad :frowning2:

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2023 at 12:39 AM Post #9 of 9
I've composed a good filter of devices, that provides really good two-way sound quality and good microphone noise cancellation for voice, here it is: https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tools/table/104193

The USB Dock filter there is a crucial thing for two-way audio, because Bluetooth still doesn't provide a good two-way audio codec, only HSP is available but the bitrate and quality in it is terrible. So only USB RF connection can give you a good two-way audio quality.

And, speaking about all Jabra Evolve2 devices, all the line is bad, because when you turn on the microphone, it immediately switches to "Optimized for voice" mode, which really is a pretty low bitrate with bad sound quality.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back