Wireless headset with a microphone
Jan 13, 2017 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Omga4000

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a wireless headset (over-the-ear) with a microphone, at around 150$ (Amazon).
I have looked into the Logitech G933 and the SteelSeries Arctis 7, but honestly - they look like toys with nothing more than a few "gaming" gimmicks.
Though I am mostly looking to game with my headphones, I am not interested in a low-end gimmicky pair. RGB lighting and other things like that do not interest me.
Problem is that higher-end headphones don't really come with a built-in microphone.... Sigh.

Any recommendations?

Thank you :)

Jan 14, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #2 of 8
Anyone? Would really like to order a pair soon 
regular_smile .gif

Jan 14, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #3 of 8
The Audsom M05 and the Audio Technica S700BT could both work. My preference would be for the AT mostly on sound quality. Neither comes with a mic I don't believe so you'll need to get a Modmic or something. There are other good ones but pricing starts to become an issue. Check these two out and see what you think--maybe one will work.

Jan 14, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #4 of 8
I neglected to say that if you are open to a wired headphone, the Kingston Hyper X Cloud is an outstanding option that comes with a mic. The SQ is pretty much unsurpassed in its price range.

Jan 14, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #5 of 8
Despite the Logitechs looking a bit "toy-ish", I have heard great things about their 7.1 and sound quality. They were a bit out of my pricepoint, but as an owner of a g910 and g602, Logitech's products wont let you down!

Jan 15, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #7 of 8
  I neglected to say that if you are open to a wired headphone, the Kingston Hyper X Cloud is an outstanding option that comes with a mic. The SQ is pretty much unsurpassed in its price range.

I am actually looking specifically for wireless.. I know that the HyperX are top-notch (sort of) and have considered them,
but would really really like to get a wireless headset instead. Wires are driving me crazy lately :)
  Despite the Logitechs looking a bit "toy-ish", I have heard great things about their 7.1 and sound quality. They were a bit out of my pricepoint, but as an owner of a g910 and g602, Logitech's products wont let you down!

I currently own the G430 and I really like them. The 7.1 sounds very well, even though it's not true 7.1.
My fear is that many of the issues that there were in the G930 (losing connection, low range, etc..) would return to the G933.
It's not cheap, and I want my money to be well invested.

Thank you both for your recommandations!
Anyone else? 
regular_smile .gif

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #8 of 8
  I am actually looking specifically for wireless.. I know that the HyperX are top-notch (sort of) and have considered them,
but would really really like to get a wireless headset instead. Wires are driving me crazy lately :)
I currently own the G430 and I really like them. The 7.1 sounds very well, even though it's not true 7.1.
My fear is that many of the issues that there were in the G930 (losing connection, low range, etc..) would return to the G933.
It's not cheap, and I want my money to be well invested.

Thank you both for your recommandations!
Anyone else? 
regular_smile%20.gif

Hi,

Idont know if you have already bought the headphones or not..
But I have my Arctis 7 as a daily driver.. :D
Using it with a dragonfly red with my s7e mobile for listening high res tracks.
You probably will ask, why? :D
Compared to iem hifiman re272 which sounds almost flat in every frequencies (what people says good for monitoring), Arctis 7 will sound 'warmth' and has a little better bass in low frequencies with a good mid.
But the big thing with Arctis 7 is the 'instruments separation'. Yes, you can clearly hear every instruments play in a track. 
Makes me wonder if gaming headphones are the best with the separation since you have to clearly hear ppl footsteps, bullets firing direction, etc. Left and right channels separation are amazing too, beter than my iem re272.
You may want to try them with whatever dac/amp you have right now.. You will be amazed on how cheap the price is compared to its sound.. :D
And yes, I have stop listening with my re272 because its too bright, need a little more bass, and not 'warmth' enough for my taste which is not pleasant for hours of listening. And wondering why do people review so called ' real headphones' without comparing it with gaming headphones that already stepped up their games.. Its 2017! :D

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back