Wireless headset/headphones similar to the Byerdynamics DT-770?
May 21, 2016 at 10:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MasterBash

New Head-Fier
I currently have the Byerdynamics DT-770. I love them even though they are a bit bass heavy. I have the 32ohm version which seems a bit harder than my other headphones that I have, but whatever.

I love them because they provide such good isolations and keep out outside noise when I play video games/listen to music/watch movies.
The sound quality is good, not the best, but good enough for me.
They are definitely durable... I sometimes drop them due to the cord getting stuck in my chair or something like that.

That being said, I am looking for similar to the DT-770 that I can use wirelessly. I would love a headset, if possible. If not, I will find a solution ... either use a standalone microphone or my current modmic.

I looked at the Logitech G933. Logitech claims they improve the sound quality on those... However, other than the sound quality they are pretty much like the G930.

Piss poor sound isolation.
They appear so fragile I feel like they will break in my hands.

However, if there are no such thing as a wireless headset/headphones similar to the DT770... Would modding them to add 3.5mm chassis then plugging in some bluetooth receiver/transmitter into them do a good job or would that greatly affect sound quality?

May 22, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #3 of 5
I don't know.

But you can get a Creative E5 dac/amp that has bluetooth capability: http://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-e5

May 22, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #4 of 5
That seems really cool! I will definitely take a look at this.

However, I do need the wireless headphones/headset that would go with something similar to that. I just don't know what could be considered durable with amazing isolation and good sound quality.

May 22, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #5 of 5
Sorry. I have no idea. For the money, wired headphones are such a better value that I have no interest in Bluetooth headphones. You have to search around probably to find more information on Bluetooth options because many of us are like that, so there are fewer people who can provide recommendations on Bluetooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back