Wireless Headset for Gaming & Movies?
Nov 3, 2019 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

LoSt IN Hifi

New Head-Fier
Hi all

I wanted to get some advice please on a wireless headset for gaming and movies primarily and general music last. I have a few options and don't have a budget but would prefer not to spend too much.

I had a pair of wireless Beyerdynamic Amiron and they sounded quite good but one problem with them was the lack of bass. I really love the clarity and forward sounding vocals and would like to keep that aspect but with a little bit more bass impact as it was lacking for movies and games i thought.

I am also happy to try and use a full sized headset without any wireless bluetooth but add this via one of those Bluetooth adaptors amp/dac combo you can buy but only issue is I am not sure if it will work. so my options are currently this.

1) Buy Beyerndynamic Amiron again
2) Audeze mobius ( not sure if this would be better than Amiron sound wise?)
3) Sony MDRZ7M2 with EarStudi ES100-24bit AMP/DAC or Audiolab Wireless Headphone Amplifier Dac 32bit.
4) Blon B20 with EarStudi ES100-24bit AMP/DAC or Audiolab Wireless Headphone Amplifier Dac 32bit

I am more than happy to make my own home made wireless by using something like Earstudio Es100 or Audilab Wireless AMP/DAC, just not sure if these would be able to power the Sony or Blon B20. Even though i have read that the Blon B20 are easy to drive with mobile phones. I am not expecting earth shattering sound obviously but willing to compromise here somewhat if it gives me mobility without wires but better sound that the Amiron and Mobius.

any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Users who are viewing this thread

Back