Wireless headset — Notebook / PC / iPhone around $200?
May 10, 2014 at 6:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

li3to

New Head-Fier
Hello guys and girls,

Seems like you know everything about headphones here so i need advice. I went through first pages of google search results for "best wireless headphones" but everyone seem to give COMPLETELY different recommendations ><

I am looking to cover following use cases:

50% Using it with my iMac. Important things in this scenario are:
- decent sound quality
- docking station for charging convenience (plugging cables isn't that cool)
- microphone would be a nice bonus to reduce ambient noise vs using iMacs mic

40% Using it with my Macbook. Its a bit different because macbook doesn't have a spare usb ports so it needs to work without any further appliances and wires. I do play games sometimes so again i think i want a mic. Does it even work without cables?

10% Taking it out — probably a rare use case but it shouldn't be too huge and heavy or too noise cancelling or too tender.

I am not looking to cover everything, would be cool if you could advice few options shortly noting their ups and downs.
Giving link to trusted review articles would be cool as well. Like, would you trust PC Mag? Some praise Skullcandy plyr1, some Jabra Revo, etc...

Cheers <3

May 10, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #4 of 11
This forum is more for soundcards and how to configure sound on a computer. Your post just won't get as much attention here if it's in the other forum :)

May 10, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #6 of 11
You will pay a good bit more to get the same sound quality with wireless and there aren't many options. Unless it's a necessity, better to go with wired headphones.

May 11, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #7 of 11
I work as a designer and i have lots of stuff in front of me — few devices (like android or iOS tablets), sketchbook, drawing tablet, keyboard, mouse. Wire from headphones just mess things up... I could probably somehow tape it beneath the table but that just doesn't sounds right.

My friend got Sennheiser RS180 and quite frankly i can't notice a shocking difference between it and my Bayer DT 770 Pro. Might be that my audio card just doesn't push enough data  to keep better headphones busy.

May 11, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #8 of 11
My friend got Sennheiser RS180 and quite frankly i can't notice a shocking difference between it and my Bayer DT 770 Pro. Might be that my audio card just doesn't push enough data  to keep better headphones busy.

Could be. If you are using onboard audio with your computer, often that's not the best to drive headphones.

May 11, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #9 of 11
I have Echo Audiofire4 but i can't use it at work and at home i am usually chilling somewhere with a notebook so not really applicable either, i don't want to sacrifice mobility :))
Anyhow i think DT 770 covers most of my "wired" needs but buying good wireless headset is still an open issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back