Wireless Headphones
Apr 5, 2002 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Jhyt

New Head-Fier
Hey wassup people,

I'm just wondering if I could get some advice on wireless headphones for my brother. He said he dosen't care THAT much about sound quality (he's not an audiophile). He'd be using it mostly for those late nights sitting there alone watching sports on TV or playing with his Playstation 2. His budget price range is about 30 - 70 US. Are there any good ones out there that fits his needs?

Also, he said he saw a pair of Sony MDR - IF130K (wireless) that he's quite interested in (just judging from its looks). Are these any good? Or could you give him some other suggestions?

Thanks a lot in advance.

P.S. I've a question myself - do wireless headphones usually have less sound quality when compared to the normal ones?

Apr 5, 2002 at 7:30 PM Post #2 of 2
I think it's safe to say that wireless headphones will ALWAYS have worse sound than comparably-priced wired models.

I've tested a few of the models out there. If sound is of any concern, I found the FreeSystems xdream to be the best sounding (but that's not saying a lot), as well as the most comfortable. If you don't care about sound that much, and want something cheaper, the Sennheiser models for around $100 might do. Really bad sound quality, but for watching TV or playing a game, it might do fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back