Wireless headphones
Oct 28, 2008 at 2:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

boozcool

1000+ Head-Fier
What does everyone think about wireless headphones? I remember seeing a few high end 2.4 ghz wireless headphones when I was in Japan last year. Plus, the new lossless bluetooth is supposed to be out soon.
Any opinions?

Oct 28, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #2 of 6
Apparently Sleek is coming out with a wireless adapter thing for the SA6. That should be good. Maybe. Last time I checked, which was a while ago admittedly (early this year), there still weren't any wireless sets I'd seriously consider.

Oct 28, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Snake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would recommend wireless cans as only the last straw situation.

That's an outdated way of thinking, the new Sleek wireless is based on a new wireless technology that's enable to operate that CD-quality bit rate. It's certainly the best option available for now, at least until that new Senn wireless headset is released.

Oct 28, 2008 at 6:40 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's an outdated way of thinking, the new Sleek wireless is based on a new wireless technology that's enable to operate that CD-quality bit rate. It's certainly the best option available for now, at least until that new Senn wireless headset is released.

Well, I have tried maybe 3 or 4 different wireless headphones over the past couple of years...I was never impressed with their quality (but hey its wireless)...Everytime I turn my head a few inches, I would hear crazy interference. If I had to say one thing good about them, they offered crystal clear sound.

But yea, my opinion could be a little outdated because I never tried the Bluetooth or Sleek wireless technology.

Oct 28, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #6 of 6
I'm one of the few (remaining?) fans of stereo bluetooth, but there's only a few bluetooth headsets that use bluetooth 2.0. From my Dell BH200 bluetooth 2.0 stereo headphones, I can get decent sound quality with little interference. (And by decent quality, it compares to low end wired equipment).
Since all new cell phones with bluetooth use the 2.0 version as well, for running or working out with as little hardware as possible, they can't be beat.

I remember hearing about SOUNDabout lossless bluetooth last year, and they said it would be out by 2008. Looks like Samsung will be the first to come out with an MP3 player with the technology:
Upcoming lossless MP3 player from Samsung | DigitalBurn.com

Could be interesting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back