Wireless headphones?
Dec 25, 2006 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Matty02

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone I've been in search of some wireless headphones for quite some time now and I am really unsure of which ones to purchase.

I want some fairly up market ones with good sound quality but I am fully aware that they won't be as high quality as wired ones.

I've been looking at:

Beyerdynamic RSX550/660 (is there any difference between the two?)
Sennheiser RS 140
Sony MDR-RF880RK

Does anyone have any recommendations or experiences, I've read quite a lot about interferance due to the RF transmissions but I don't think that will be a problem in my area.
I really want the headphones to have an automatic charging function which the ones above all do.

Recently I have seen that some websites are discontinuing the Beyerdynamix RSX series but I am unsure why. I've read some good reviews. Currently these are my favorite due to their style but I am torn with the Sony ones. The Sennheiser seem a little bulky to me and I'm not to appreciative of their stylings.

Many thanks in advance.

Dec 26, 2006 at 6:06 AM Post #2 of 5
I just recently got a pair of Sennheiser RS-115 from Tweeter on line and I think they are excellent. I can wear them all around the house with a clear connection. Only complaint is that they are loose fitting on my head and will fall off if I lean forward but they're fine leaning back like laying down. Not as good as my K701s, but still, they are really good and I plan on keeping them.

Dec 26, 2006 at 6:09 AM Post #3 of 5
I bought a the Sennheiser RS120 for my wife. Pretty dissappointing sound quality, and pretty prone to interference causing some noise. But given their price (bought the Buy.com Google Checkout special, which has passed), they are good for the money.

I had thought of going straight to the AKG Hearos 999, but they cost nearly 20 times as much.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Jan 6, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the advice guys. I've ordered some Beyerdynamic RSX550s from DolphinMusic.co.uk - Taken them over a week to get it in stock and it should arrive sometime this week. I'll post some comments on the phones when i've tried them.

Jan 9, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #5 of 5
Ok looks like I won't be commenting on them just yet. I got an email from dolphin saying that the headphones have been discontinued...I'll try some other places. I still want to try these!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back