Wireless headphones or headset?
Dec 18, 2016 at 4:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MasterBash

New Head-Fier
I currently have the Logitech G933 and I am quite disappointed in them... There are a few reasons :

- Short battery life
- Uncomfortable
- Piss poor noise isolation
- Very quiet
- Requires Logitech Gaming Software to even enable the microphone.
- Range is ok, but I wish it was like ~10m more.

That being said, I like the fact that it has a microphone. Right now I am looking to buy a new pair of wireless headphones or headset, I will use them with my computer. The microphone is not required, but its welcomed. I play video games, enjoy good sound quality and I watch a lot of movies.

I am looking for a new pair of wireless headphones or headset. I came up with this list :

- Sennheiser Momentum 2 : Good battery life, active noise cancelling, microphone.

However, it has quite a short range. Also, the dual microphones are omnidirectional, so it probably will pick up a lot of noise including my keyboard. I am wondering though... Do you hear the "active noise cancelling" or no? Another thing, what kind of bluetooth adapter would I use with this thing?

- Sennheiser RS 195

Great range. Good battery life. No microphone. However, it is less portable due to the charging stand and I move my PC around from time to time, so its more things to bring along with me. I have no idea if the noise isolation is good.

- Steelseries Siberia 800

Unfortunately it has short range. The good thing is that it has a microphone. I don't know much other than that. Is the noise isolation good? Is the microphone good? What about the sound quality? Apparently the sound isolation is poor.

Which one should I buy? I don't even know... They all have shortcomings but they definitely seem better than my G933. Is there anything else you guys recommend?hT

Dec 18, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #2 of 7
The Sony MDR-1000X have a ridiculously good noise cancelling feature. You won't hear the active noise cancelling with these pair so if noise cancelling is important for you I would highly recommend these.

Dec 18, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #3 of 7
Looks good. Would the microphone pick up keyboard noises and everything else?

Noise isolation/cancelling is important up to a certain point. The G933 are extremely poor when it comes to that, but it is good on my DT770 yet it simply has good noise isolation.

I am taking everything into consideration!

Dec 18, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #6 of 7
Well it really depends on how loud your keyboard is. I believe it has some background noise reduction but if the keyboard is too loud it will probably pick it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back