Wireless Headphones For Shortwave Listening ?
Mar 13, 2010 at 2:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Robert11

New Head-Fier
Hello,

Thank you for all the suggestions on my previous recent post re what to get for shortwave listening. I made the point that music quality probably isn't the main criteria as these shortwave receivers do not have much in the way of "high-fidelity" as audio. Output is also monaural.
Really don't want anything that goes into the ear.

So, although I would like "good" audio quality for the headphones to at least try to recover whatever there is being outputted, my main criteria, I think, is probably lightweight and very, very comfortable.

Price range probably $ 75 tops.

I didn't think about this at all when I wrote the previous thread, hence this new one.

Any of you folks have any thoughts, opinions and suggestions regarding the wireless types of full ear, over the head, Headphones ?

I know nothing about them, frankly, but the thoughts of not having a dangling wire sure is attractive.

e.g. do they "work" ? Think they would be a good match and choice for listening to a shortwave radio ? etc.

BTW: think the frequencies they use would interfere with a PC wireless keyboard and Mouse ?

Thanks,
Bob

Mar 13, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #2 of 2
Okay here is a big problem I can see with using wireless headphones with a shortwave. How do you know when the static you're hearing is coming from the headphones and not the radio? That aside I'm not aware of any 'decent' wireless headphones for under 100 dollars. That doesn't mean they aren't out there, it just means I'm not aware of them. Now honestly I like to use circumaural headphones when I use my HAM, as they block out a lot of outside noise so I can pick apart whats going on in the signal. Just my two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back