Wireless headphones for HiFi use?
Feb 22, 2009 at 2:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

MonkeyMan

100+ Head-Fier
What are the best ones?
confused.gif
The Sennheisers?

Feb 22, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #2 of 9
I've a Sennheiser R130 which I purchased recently. The SQ is good with clear mid and high. The bass is solid and not punchy. That's my personal opinion as I don't have a pair of audiophile's ears
biggrin.gif
The problem is the drop of connection at times when I move around my apartment. Moreover, there's some interference from nearby electrical applicances occassionally.

Overall, a reasonable cans for casual music listening.

Feb 22, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenarrow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've a Sennheiser R130 which I purchased recently. The SQ is good with clear mid and high. The bass is solid and not punchy. That's my personal opinion as I don't have a pair of audiophile's ears
biggrin.gif
The problem is the drop of connection at times when I move around my apartment. Moreover, there's some interference from nearby electrical applicances occassionally.

Overall, a reasonable cans for casual music listening.

How long do they run on a charge?

Feb 22, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #4 of 9
Usually several hours on a charge.I've had mine for over four years and they still hold a charge for at least a two hour movie. They also auto recharge when you set them on the base. with an overcharge protector.
There is also the Sleek SA6 wireless option that uses the 2.4 Ghz " Kleer" technology so if you like the signature of the Sleeks that is an option.
Sleek Wireless | Sleek Audio
One more option if you like to use your own H/P's is the "I2I" transciever packs that use 2.4 Ghz. two small transcievers that can be used in either direction. To receive or transmit.
Amazon.com: Aerielle i2i Wireless Digital Audio Device for iPod and MP3 Players (Black): Electronics

Feb 22, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Usually several hours on a charge.I've had mine for over four years and they still hold a charge for at least a two hour movie. They also auto recharge when you set them on the base. with an overcharge protector.
There is also the Sleek SA6 wireless option that uses the 2.4 Ghz " Kleer" technology so if you like the signature of the Sleeks that is an option.
Sleek Wireless | Sleek Audio
One more option if you like to use your own H/P's is the "I2I" transciever packs that use 2.4 Ghz. two small transcievers that can be used in either direction. To receive or transmit.
Amazon.com: Aerielle i2i Wireless Digital Audio Device for iPod and MP3 Players (Black): Electronics

Hey,
Interesting options.

Thanx!

Feb 22, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #6 of 9
Things to remember when buying wireless headphones:

Two thirds to three quarters of the price go into making the wireless transmitter and receiver - so for £/$ 100 system you get £/$ 25-30 headphones compared to the wired variety.

Radio has to comply with radiocommunications regulations and will have limiters and auto level to make sure they modulate properly and don't over-modulate.

Wireless headphones are great for convenience and wandering around, especially for TV and modern compressed music and can sound very good - but I would hesitate to call them Hi-Fi in the normal Head-Fi sense.

If you really want hi-fi quality and wireless; personally, I would consider an IEM system (normally used by musicians on stage for in-ear monitoring) and plug in your favourite headphones instead of the normal in-ear headphones.

More costly than standard consumer wireless headphones (of course) but the sound quality would be much better.

Feb 22, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #7 of 9
John, I'm glad you came here today. If Senn would simply come out with a cheaper belt pack for my existing Custom IEM's based on the RS's I Know I'd buy one.or two, or three. The RS's are base on the 86.4 freq. as are the pro transmitters ?
The only one's I've seen come close are the NADY's

Feb 22, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #8 of 9
Thanx John,
Nice of you to be "analytical" about the Senn Wireless canz ala the 130,140s. Great stuff in this thread.

I'm looking just for a set that is wireless, and cheap so I can listen to TV late at night and co-exist with my wife! Basically a Mid-Fi/Low-Fi set. She says I'm deaf! I think having the sound a little louder is a Y-Chromosome kinda thang! In addition to previous ear abuse kinda thang!

Feb 23, 2009 at 8:14 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking just for a set that is wireless, and cheap so I can listen to TV late at night and co-exist with my wife! Basically a Mid-Fi/Low-Fi set. She says I'm deaf! I think having the sound a little louder is a Y-Chromosome kinda thang! In addition to previous ear abuse kinda thang!

If this is what you want - I would suggest a wireless system with closed back headphones so the sound leakage won't annoy the wife (and we all know how well women hear
wink.gif
).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back