Wireless headphone advice needed.
Mar 23, 2019 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

DrNope

Head-Fier
Ive been wanting a wireless headphone for a while, mainly used when walking around and as a head-set. Got a bit interested in the noise cancelling phones, quiet backgrond, no need to turn up the volume that much saving my hearing. So I have tried 3 headphones lately: Sony 1000xm3, bose QC35II and now have a pair of sennheiser pxc550 at my hands listened to for like 2minutes. Impression? ANC is exciting, it gets so quiet. But, there is a hiss to it all due to the cancelling, background noise.
The sony sounded best, liked them. However, there was a relatively loud hiss due to the noise cancelling, and when used as head-set the receiver complained about me sounding weird, a bit dull. Also, reports that they dont really work (touch-panel) below 0 degrees sort of makes takes them off my radar. Next was the bose. Not as good in NC, but the sound.... Voices seems to be held back, get a feeling that I have to focus on them to really hear them. Sounds a bit dull I guess. So went and got a set of sennheiser, known to be good sound wise. Only just opened them but they are so not haveing any lows at all. There are some settings to play with so wont disregard them just now but they sound so thinn. Which got me thinking. A closed headphone will probably keep noise out enough for me and for the price of these cans, I would get something realy good wired, not as good wireless and with ANC.... HIFI is sacrificied. So if I want a closed headphone, wireless, useable as headset (phonecalls) and good sound below $3-400, what would my best bet be? Saw Audeze have something for gaming in that pricerange and I do love their LCD2, could that be an option?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back