Wireless gaming headsets as good as Fidelio X1 ?
Feb 23, 2017 at 7:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Danseph

Head-Fier
Is there a wireless haedset for PS4 that is as good as my Fidelio X1? 

I'm currently using a Fidelio X1 and a Creative BlasterX G5, and I love this setup so much I almost never use my speakers to play. I love how fun the Fidelios are. My only major issue is the cord. It's utterly annoying to have cords when you play. It gets disconnected from the headphone, the amps falls on the grounds, there are cables on the floor for my children to trip...

Anyhow, my daughter accidentally dropped my X1, and one of the screws holding the earpiece broke. I can still use them, but I now know I'll have to replace them soon. I really wish I could get something as good as the X1, but wireless. However, all the wireless headsets I've looked at for PS4 (Astro A50, LucidSound LS40 are my top contenders) seem to have inferior sound quality, which is my main concern.

Is it impossible to get a 7.1 wireless headset for PS4 as good as my dear Fidelio or is the technology still missing? Do you have any suggestions? Thanks a lot for reading and thanks in advance for your answers.

Feb 24, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #2 of 4
I use the X1s for my normal gaming. For Xmas I bought a set of the Lucid LS20s for my 7 year old. I'm extremely impressed with them. Though I haven't tried the LS40s, if the lower priced option of them shows what the top end is like, I would definitely recommend.

Feb 26, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #3 of 4
Thank you so much for your answer. I greatly appreciate it and it makes me a little more optimistic. I'm thinking I'll get the LS40 and simply share my experience, and we'll see from there.

Could I ask you if you use an amp or sound card with your X1 when you game? I'm using the Creative BlasterX G5 with my PS4 (I find it does spatial positioning better than the Astro Mix Amp)?

Overall, from what reading online, I believe the LS40 is a better value than the A50. I'm disappointed that the A50 doesn't have a passive mode (input to plug a 3.5mm cable), build quality seems to be the same, and the only difference seems to be that the A50 has a little more bass, although once setup with the proper settings in a PS4, the LS40 doesn't seem to lack in that area. If the A50 were significantly better and just a wireless equivalent to the X1, I wouldn't mind the price, but given that the LS40 seem to really come close and they have the passive feature, I think the A50 become irrelevant? This is just my initial conclusion after reading as much as I could online. I'm very interested in your opinion if you tried them both.

And if others can offer a comparison between the X1 and LS40, I'll be very grateful :)

Feb 27, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #4 of 4
It really depends on where I'm playing LOL.  My main Xbox I have it hooked up to an Astro Mix Amp Pro.  My other Xbox (Kids) I run straight out of the controller (When not using their LS20).  My desktop PC has a Sound Blaster Z card in it.  My laptop depends, sometimes straight out of the onboard card, other times I use the O2/ODAC.  What's nice about the X1 and X2's is that you don't need an amp.  My old DT990's, really needed to be amped.

For the LS20's, more than half the time the kids are using in the passive mode because I've forgotten to charge them.  It's super handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back